Dat620guy's 620

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY clean!! That engine photo has an idea that I like. The breather was moved pointing to the air cleaner. I like that!!! But how do You "loosen up" the stock glue that the "pipe" was held in from the factory to turn it? Also, if I were to do that idea, I would try somehow to run that hose right into the air cleaner, either with a hole in the filter, or run down and under and into the air cleaner base.

Are you going to drive up for the POTD meet next week?

I would like to make it up there but i'm not sure right now if i'll make it.

VERY clean!! That engine photo has an idea that I like. The breather was moved pointing to the air cleaner. I like that!!! But how do You "loosen up" the stock glue that the "pipe" was held in from the factory to turn it? Also, if I were to do that idea, I would try somehow to run that hose right into the air cleaner, either with a hole in the filter, or run down and under and into the air cleaner base.

The air cleaner setup and vent filter were already done when I got the truck. I have had a few cam covers that the breather tube was loose in it. Others were solid, I'd think heating them up would make the glue softer but I don't know for sure. Would running a tube to the air filter make a difference? If so how much would it make?

VERY clean!! That engine photo has an idea that I like. The breather was moved pointing to the air cleaner. I like that!!! But how do You "loosen up" the stock glue that the "pipe" was held in from the factory to turn it?

I usually just use a big crescent wrench and unscrew it. That factory "glue" is often very brittle and cracks and falls off as soon as you turn it. ;)

VERY clean!! That engine photo has an idea that I like. The breather was moved pointing to the air cleaner. I like that!!! But how do You "loosen up" the stock glue that the "pipe" was held in from the factory to turn it? QUOTE]

I turned mine a few years ago, I slide a long 3/8" extension inside of it and pulled. I had noticed that the glue that held it looked brittle, so i tried it and it worked.

Good luck

I usually just use a big crescent wrench and unscrew it. That factory "glue" is often very brittle and cracks and falls off as soon as you turn it. ;)

VERY clean!! That engine photo has an idea that I like. The breather was moved pointing to the air cleaner. I like that!!! But how do You "loosen up" the stock glue that the "pipe" was held in from the factory to turn it? QUOTE]

I turned mine a few years ago' date=' I slide a long 3/8" extension inside of it and pulled. I had noticed that the glue that held it looked brittle, so i tried it and it worked.

Good luck[/quote']

Thanks guys!!!

Now, second stupid question: What do You use to glue it BACK IN ??????

I haven't done this but 2-part epoxy sounds like a good glue/sealer to use.

I just wrap the threads in white teflon "pipe" tape. ;)

Now I know as well. I wasn't sure if you could twist it off. Thanks for the info.