The sexiest Datsun ever?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! I like that about as much as I do the early 70s skylines! They probably didn't sell the Laurel here either, did they? The JDM gets all the cool cars :(

the grass is always greener, all the japanese want is american stuff. look at any car show coverage from over there and the cars that get the most attention are american cars that we see everyday. that laurel is pretty sweet though. i'm not sayin it's not. and actually these "old school" japanese cars aren't the best example because those are still coveted over there as well. i think the funniest trend i've been seein lately comin from japan is the use of hokey autozone type accesories. like "nos" floormats and sunpro tachs and grant steering wheels. not that there's anything wrong with any of that stuff it's just funny to me because they seem so common here but they are so out of the ordinary over there. ... god i still want to go to japan...

You're totally right dude, the grass is always greener...I've had a subscription to lowrider magazine since like 1997, and in the back of every mag where the adds are there's lots of adds in japanese, and I had one my friends translate and it's all about how these companies will ship to Japan, part, whole cars ect.

They've always had a facination with western culture...but at the same time I've always been intrigued by there culture too, I'd love to spend some time over there. I know quite a few people that have been there and everyone loves it. lol one of my friends just came back after spending a year there, he brought back some shoes that are supposedly the newest trend, they're clear as in all you can see is you socks...It's the most bizar thing.

But really as far as cars go they kept all the good shit over there and gave us all the econo-box POS cars...I don't demean the cars we did get, they're all still cool as hell in my opinion. It all comes down to what sells I guess, there was no market over here for Japanese full size/luxury cars. north america at the time was all about big cars, big engines, which is great I love the old american cars, I'd trade the nicest 510 for a '63 impala in a second. I really wish we had got more over here though. The more JDM stuff I see the more respect I have for what they were doing...I love both my cars, but every time I see an old skyline or RX-4, it just pisses me off that I know I'll never have one.

Wow! I like that about as much as I do the early 70s skylines! They probably didn't sell the Laurel here either, did they? The JDM gets all the cool cars :(

Ah, but I had a brand new '70 Dart 340 4 spd when i was a kid. So in your face JDM.

hahaha that lil clip of the guying exploding the rim onto the tire is insane. i watched alot of that doc. don't remember most of it except that part and i thought it was strange the big ass brush bars on the front and then i saw them driving over giant cracks in the ice by just driving till the front wheels drop in the hole and then they keep going cause the bar keeps them from falling down into it. craziness.

you gotta remember that the people that make the decisions about what to import and what to sell in america underestimate the average american car driver. in this country and more so in other countries.

Good thing they didn't export Godzilla here.

Yeah, knock him out, put him on a boat and unleash him on us, hahaha!

Ah' date=' but I had a brand new '70 Dart 340 4 spd when i was a kid. So in your face JDM.[/quote']

That's true... They want our crap, and we want theirs. If we had theirs, and they had ours, we'd probably want theirs still. lol. They can't take my Chevelle from me haha.

I was at the Pomona Antique Swap Meet(Classic Car Show And Swapmeet) A few years ago with a couple of friends and my buddy sold his '64 Impala S.S. for over 20k to a man from japan...The man didn't even try to talk my friend down he just said it was an investment, Now their coming over looking for 30-40s chevys in pomona every month or so!