stock dual su/s vs 32/34 down draft webber?

Lozer

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say the SUs, if fuel economy is no object.

You are feeding 4 cylinders with two separate carburetors. The carburetors are 38mm diameter and directly inline with the way the engine gets fed anyway. The downdraft 32/34 is obviously smaller in the diameter department, and non-synchonous (do not open at the same time) like the SUs are setup. The downdraft a/f mixture has to make the 90 degree bend to get the air/fuel mixture into the combustion chamber (which, some argue, is helpful for the mix process) As for the junk department, any SU can be fixed to near-new condition, depending on the condition of the SU bodies. Go with the SUs.

Hands down the SUs are the way. I used to work on MGs and swap out peoples SUs for the Weber and mani they bought and laugh after they left. I would tell them what I thought and some would let me tune, rebuild as ness.

Check for play in the shafts, if worn they tend to suck air there and nice idle would be a problem, they can be redone though.

On the other hand the weber is a simple reliable carb it just not a better performing set up. People tend to buy the name when the Weber side draft made the name great. Not the down draft.

ALRIGHT up and running now it's tune time.

anyone know a good spot to score some air horns?

What style are you looking for?? Old school "horn shape"? or more like these velocity stacks?

8th picture down:

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=5347

I got my velocity stacks from a British Shop (APT) in Riverside California.

The more i think about it i might go a different route.

Im thinking one wide housing made out of sheet metal i get from HD cut to fit a random filter from kragen with a lexan (clear top housing) adhesive pieces to keep the filter in location.

Ill post pics when i start.

The more i think about it i might go a different route.

Im thinking one wide housing made out of sheet metal i get from HD cut to fit a random filter from kragen with a lexan (clear top housing) adhesive pieces to keep the filter in location.

Ill post pics when i start.

Be careful for the "random" part, wouldn't want it to go the way of the sunset...

Rumor has it that the Subarus out of the early 80s have a decent oval air filter, could be something to look into.

Then, of course, theres the idea I came up with...:rolleyes:

That sir is HIJACKERY!!!!! :lol:

a diagram would be nice but it you dont have all the smog equipment it's really easy.

block the fuel return line.

The vacuume advance for the distributor is on the front carb on the left side (looking down the barrel) right in front of the butterfly (on mine at least)

the breather i have a little k&N filter in and the engine pvc is blocked off.

dood i dont really care im just making fun. if i can help with your carbs im more then happy too. I just drove mine into work today and she purrs like a kitten and the acceleration is so much smoother in all rpms.

here are some links i found helpfull

http://www.sonic.net/~kyle/su.html

http://datsunroadsterranch.com/

http://su-filters.com/sulinks.html

http://www.jetlink.net/~okayfine/sutech.html

lastly the most important function here is the forum search.

• 4 weeks later...

VIDEOS included - Forex trading

"Something Fantastic" happens every day at the same time' date=' to the same stock index... fore currency exchange that will make you rich! forex trading platform

Karl Dittmann (Germany) - 30 years of trading experience forex account If you learn the one hidden secret which is repeated daily for years, you will make an incredible profit! forex companies

One single stock index trade within 15 minutes of the market pening is all you need! forex training What if you knew a trading secret so simple, yet so powerful, that anyone could use to profit from the Stock market even without experience. All You need is to trade Single Stock Index - 15 minutes at the opening. 30-50 ticks daily can be yours! forex trade signal This is Guaranteed! forex trading education

There is no way to lose money! managed forex

Forget Indicators and stock trading guides! scalping forex

There is "something" which happens every day at the same time with the same Stock Index...! forex trading system This is when you can make real money! forex trading training

It is absolutely possible to have 9 or even 10 winning trades out of 10...

All you need is to know the secret and exact trading algorithm. The secret can be used for some other major stocks too! forex com

This Secret Will Completely Change Your Life! forex trading training The System is 100% mechanical and doesn't need any tech indicators or other tech materials... forex trade signal it can be used by anyone... even beginners.

Newbies will like the simplicity while experts will like the ease of use and amazing stock index trading idea .... forex capital It is a complete plug and play system can be used by any people even without any experience of Stock indices trading! forex research All You need is the idea and the exact plug-n-play trading algorithm. forex euro

Finally, these unbelievable trading secret are available to the public for the first time ever. forex trading system This method have the potential to completely change your life. forex day trading 100% Mechanical system, which have been hidden for years, known to only a group of Wealthy Trading Elite! free forex charts

Join us know... forex market I guarantee once you read and apply for our method - you will never look back, and never want to use any other trading Stock market system! forex trade signals wow gold warcraft gold