1976 710 Sedan.

Hey Everyone, I'm a new member but I've been checking this site out for quite a while... Great site. I live on Soutern Vancouver Island in British Columbia...

I've been a longtime fan of Datsun/Nissan products... After selling both of my 1978 HL510's a couple years back I've had an itch to get another Datsun. I picked up a 76 710 2dr. sedan a couple days ago to work on. Just over 51000 orig miles, have lots of plans for this car.

My HL510's

4dr.

n687231245_818332_3083.jpg

2dr.

n687231245_255678_3327.jpg

My current Datsun, 1976 Datsun 710 dr. sedan

710001.jpg

710003.jpg

710009.jpg

710006.jpg

710008.jpg

Edited by OS Datsun
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice red 710. Congratulations on keeping it so nice.

I've actually only owned the 710 for a few days... However it has been very well taken care of over the years. I does have some rust starting to bubble up on the rear quarters which I plan on having repaired ASAP.

Guest jaimesix

Congratulations on your judicious purchase. The 710 will provide plenty of good times and style.

I also own a 710. It is a very cool Datsun.

Welcome here and hope to see more photos and information about your project as it develops.

Thanks for showing photos.

Jaime._______________________________________________________

Thanks for all the positive comments! :)

After some light modifications and bodywork I was actually planning on having the car repainted... Anyone have any thoughts on what color I should paint this beauty? Seems like alot of 710's came painted in red... :blink:

my original color was actually a werid blue. But to make a long story short, after being stolen from the us then found in mexico, the same original owner drove to mexico got in the car and drove home. on the way back he saw a paint and interior shop. so he got both done at the same time and painted it red, right over the blue. I repainted it and stripped the old layers of paint which was tremedously fun. I think a nice red would do the trick even a midnight black.

Guest jaimesix

Hi.

Red is a nice color. The problem with changing colors is that all the hidden areas of the body would have to be painted as well. Trunk, engine bay, door panes, hinges, etc.

If you are ready to go that avenue, then change is good. One color I got to like is Blue, like 350Z blue . Zerow has painted his 610 sedan in that color ( You can see his car at his thread in the "Project" section of the site, under "Zerows 610 sedan" ... :( sorry, I think that is not the exact name, but you will be able to find it easily, within page one or two of said section.)

A color that sets well in 610s is another factory color, forest green.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

Edited by jaimesix
misspelled "blue" as "boue" :(
Hi.

Red is a nice color. The problem with changing colors is that all the hidden areas of the body would have to be painted as well. Trunk, engine bay, door panes, hinges, etc.

If you are ready to go that avenue, then change is good. One color I got to like is Boue, like 350Z blue . Zerow has painted his 610 sedan in that color ( You can see his car at his thread in the "Project" section of the site, under "Zerows 610 sedan" ... :( sorry, I think that is not the exact name, but you will be able to find it easily, within page one or two of said section.)

A color that sets well in 610s is another factory color, forest green.

Jaime._____________________________________________________

B17 Daytona Blue, just in case you need the code.

However, I have seen Midnight Blue on a Violet/710 like that, and IMHO, that color rocks on that body shape.

Hi.

A lot of 710s may have been red BUT there aren't a lot of them left out there. The color is knock out! Stick with it. There's nothing worse that a car with a nice Black (insert your favorite color here...) paint job and you open the door/hood/trunk and the original color is poking through the dirt.