Factory?????

kansascity1

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be surprised if the toolbox was an option, but I like the idea. My tool bag is on the passenger side floor, where it's in the way of anyone who sits there and has legs longer than my 3 year-old's. I was planning to make a nice parcel shelf for that side, but maybe I'll put a custom toolbox bracket in there instead. Thanks for the photo!

Andrew

My '66, purchased in 1969, had the "hole" and nut. It used the hand crank for the jack to manually turn over the engine in case of starter or electrical system failure. I actually used it twice in the time I had it. Once because I left my lights on, and the second time at a vintage auto meet. Just because, you know. I'm not going to get into the procedure, becausse there are many safer ways to start a dead vehicle now days. But, a fun accessory. Neither one of my "'67's had the "hole" or nut. Wouldn't mind finding one to put on an LZ24. Just for grins.....

The toolbox, more than likely, is an owner add on. But it must be an s.o.b. to get out of its location if there are any tools in it.

Hard to start with a crank? It all depends on how well the motor is tuned. Turn on the ignition, give it a little choke, make sure the transmission is in neutral, and set the handbrake. With your thumb next to your fingers, not arouund the handle of the crank, give it a healthy pull. If the gods are looking after you, it starts. If it starts, and you left it in reverse and did not set the brake, you will be standing there with your crank in your hand as your truck motors merrily down the street.