the odman is an odman again!!

odmanjohnson

picture.php?albumid=257&pictureid=1181picture.php?albumid=257&pictureid=1179

picture.php?albumid=257&pictureid=1180

picked up this little orange dat for 100 bucks put a hitatchi carb on it drove it, lowerd it and then put a carrier bearing in it cause i couldnt take the driveshaft wallering around anymore when id take off. then i got this crazy idea, i would put a set of 4 mikuni sidedraft (i think 26-28mm) motorcycle carbs on it. got the intake built put the carbs on it runs!! but will not go above approx 1/4 throttle without spitting and sputtering and will not go anymore. low rpms going up my driveway it pulls real hard but nothing over 2000 rpms. Any ideas?? i already checked for leaks at all the appropriate spots with carb cleaner and didnt find any...

Edited by odmanjohnson
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You may have to rejet the carbs. The cfm on the carb maybe to low. When it sputters does it smell like gas? Check the plugs if there wet there is a issue with the carbs dumping too much fuel. I have a big feeling those came off something about 600-1000 cc not enough CFM. Way bigger jets will be required to run it right. Your engine should be 1600cc to 1800cc depending if its stock or not. So saying those are 1000 cc carbs you will have to jet 60% more to get enough fuel. Thats if the carbs can supply enough air to make them work.

Edited by 72 327
He sold that car, I saw it at Golden Gardens with the new owner. :( He'll be back :D

Ah that sucks, so much for me going to suggest asking him for pointers lol.

after i asked you guys for help i took them back off and drilled out the jets

i think to a number 53 drill from about a number 40. it actually drives!! its still kinda slow but hey at least i can say i did it. I may need to go just a hair bigger yet but we'll see. I also Just need a couple of parts for the 32/36 and it will probably be goin on soon.