how take off wiper knob?

Guest nateoneel

Guest nateoneel

I was trying to remove my gauge cluster and could not figure out how to remove the knob on the wiper switch! mines a 78' and it has a light in the knob. I used a friends 74' manual and it just reads "step 1 remove the knob."

I tryed pulling on it hard, unscrewing it. I felt as if it was going to break. So there must be a trick I'm missing here.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

pull out the knob then take a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the shaft, then push knob in a little and turn knob counter clock wise a 1/4 turn. Should come off. it's spring loaded.

reverse order to reinstall...

Edited by 420n620
  • Like 1
Guest nateoneel
Well there genius, I'll let your words speak for themselves.. I have never tooken much of anything.. anywhere

slodat quick fucken trashing everyone of the threads you little bitch. you're getting on my fucken nerves!!

Guest nateoneel
pull out the knob then take a pair of needle nose pliers to hold the shaft, then push knob in a little and turn knob counter clock wise a 1/4 turn. Should come off. it's spring loaded.

thank you 420n620 for answering my question. I'll try that.

• 2 years later...

I have been unable to reinstall my damn wiper knob for the last 2 months. I will try this in reverse. Thanks!

(Necro thread)

Hey, just because a thread is old does not mean that the person that posted the solution to a problem I have does not deserve credit. :D (Even gave rep point!)

Thanks for the rep. :w00t:

glad to help ya.