Seat idea

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about VW ones. Just saw some from a ghia and wondered.

I think Pac ran some Datsun Roadster seats in his 620 vert?

Course if you are wanting modern comfort, these options might not work, but they'd look classy!

i have been thinking about some vintage low back buckets too. i think i saw some camaro ones i wanted, but they where to expensive.

Tell me about it, my wagon had these seats but they sat too high to be honest with you.

look at 85 to 92 VW golf, GTI, Jetta seats. The base model seats are actually pretty comfortable, you can turn them into a low back if you want and the backs are really thin because all those cars had amazing leg room for the rear passenger. Besides that you can probably find them anywhere for really cheap.

Not base model but here's the idea.

100_0496.jpg

Seat rails are a bit funky though.

• 1 month later...

First gen celicas and 70s corollas have seats that are thin and shallow, and if youre lucky, they even have upholstry on em! I think theyre comfortable, but I would look more more corolla seats. Theyre a little bit bigger and way more common. The fabric is even similar, what with the plastic mesh. (this one is recovered)

celicaseat.jpg

I was thinking that the seats from a 65 or 66 Mustang would probably work really well. Anyone got some Mustang seats and a 521 that could check out my theory?

I had 72 Mercury Capri seats in my 72 PL521 from 1972 until just over a year ago when I sold it. They were low back like the Mustang seats, I just pulled the removable head rests and called it good. Not a chance you could find those anymore though.

However, you can get anything for a 66 Mustang from the various Mustang parts suppliers. Heck, you got enough money you can build the entire car.

What about VW ones. Just saw some from a ghia and wondered.

I think Pac ran some Datsun Roadster seats in his 620 vert?

Course if you are wanting modern comfort, these options might not work, but they'd look classy!

I found some 411 seats..they basically sit right on the floor :D

• 4 weeks later...

the 95 acura integra seats r a low back seat take off the head rest and they fit in a reg cab, or king cab truck nicely, they sit fairly low and r super comfy, u may even score and get the drivers side seat that has the adjustable lumbar for the back, and also adjustable thigh support, picked some up for 40.00 a pair this week..:D just ck craigslist for acura integras 95 year and score, even better than civic seats:D

• 3 weeks later...

i just got done swapping in 95 eclipse seats into my b210. super easy to do. all that is needed to make them fit is drilling three holes. these seats make you sit lower than stock about 1.5 inches.