1987 quad cab project

WHO??

We mean no disrespect just that your not going to get as much as ur asking for it. Anyone that has no background info on it will just look at it as a truck.

But any one who knows what it is knows its not just another truck but I could careless.If I dont get a decent amount out of it like I said I will cut it up and lay it on the ground I am not in a bind and dont need any money And I have a truck to drive every day so taking this on as a project is not really an issue..But I do appreciate every ones professional appraisal of this truck!!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But any one who knows what it is knows its not just another truck but I could careless.If I dont get a decent amount out of it like I said I will cut it up and lay it on the ground I am not in a bind and dont need any money And I have a truck to drive every day so taking this on as a project is not really an issue..But I do appreciate every ones professional appraisal of this truck!!!

Dude settle down....I told you what I thought you would get for it and u told me I was wrong...lol You can list it as high as u want but it doesnt mean its gonna sell

Then you think wrong, simple. If I wanted one I sure as hell would go over the border, what other choice? Pay some nut 10k for a pos that's been sitting in a yard with no motor for god knows how long? I didn't say shit about what you should sell it for I said keep things in perspective. YOU haven't posted a REAL asking price so calm down.

OR just piss people off, look like a idiot and never sell the thing, idc.

LOOK Dude I dont give a shit about what you think but before you start bad mouthing me you better do your fucking home work or maybe do a little reading.I stated that the 10k was to draw attention and that I DO NOT expect to get that out of it.As for "perspective" how anout this ..Would you like to purchase the truck?? NO then STFU and dont worry about it.so keep your "OPINION" about my pos to your self thank you!!

LOOK Dude I dont give a shit about what you think but before you start bad mouthing me you better do your fucking home work or maybe do a little reading.I stated that the 10k was to draw attention and that I DO NOT expect to get that out of it.As for "perspective" how anout this ..Would you like to purchase the truck?? NO then STFU and dont worry about it.so keep your "OPINION" about my pos to your self thank you!!

It may surprise you to find out it doesn't matter what you give a shit about. This is a forum and anyone is free to voice their opinion, get over it. Just because you don't agree with an opinion is no reason to act like a child. I never "bad mouthed" you. I don't need to do any "homework" as nothing I said was incorrect. I could have swore I also said you were the one who didn't post a real asking price? Even made it all caps....Try reading before flipping a shit.

theres nothing here to get worked up about...and yeah everyone is hear to voice there opinion.haha u asked for it

It may surprise you to find out it doesn't matter what you give a shit about. This is a forum and anyone is free to voice their opinion, get over it. Just because you don't agree with an opinion is no reason to act like a child. I never "bad mouthed" you. I don't need to do any "homework" as nothing I said was incorrect. I could have swore I also said you were the one who didn't post a real asking price? Even made it all caps....Try reading before flipping a shit.

You are entirely correct...I guess I was the one that used the words "nut" and "idiot" I probably added them to what you said when I qouted it.....MY BAD.. And further more Just because you dont agree with some ones price does not give you a free ticket to run your mouth about what ever it is they are selling if you dont like the price,hit the back button and go on your way !!

And Ronnie I have not directed any of this towards you like I said your 2500 was probably not to far off

theres nothing here to get worked up about...and yeah everyone is hear to voice there opinion.haha u asked for it

Actually I never asked for an opinion as to the condition of the truck what I said was how do you price it with nothing to compare it to?? and make an offer

your probably not that far off for the price of a running griving 720 (in any condition) I can have it running and driving in a couple week ends and you know you can find beat down single cabs all day long that run like champs for like 500 Like I said what do you compare it too??

It looked like u were talking about a running 720 in any condition meaning u were wanting more since it was a 4 door I apologize, next time use commas lol. Its all good though NO HARD FEELINGS :)

It looks like the mods need to impose a how to sell your ITEM here like a format.

WHAT:

WHERE:

HOW MUCH:

Hmmmm I think this would stop alot of this, heres my truck offer me something. I mean what do you expect when somebody says $500? If you dont give a starting price or around price, $500 maybe thats what your thinking is good, we are not mind readers here. Or $10,000 and you need to check your meds.

Edited by 72 327

Look man I did not get side ways about a 500 dollar offer,Hell I will buy all of them you can find with a title for 500.Like I said If I knew what price to put on it I would price it.AND no the MODS don't need to impose a HOW TO they need to just remove this listing I am no longer interested in selling it on here!

Look man I did not get side ways about a 500 dollar offer,Hell I will buy all of them you can find with a title for 500.Like I said If I knew what price to put on it I would price it.AND no the MODS don't need to impose a HOW TO they need to just remove this listing I am no longer interested in selling it on here!

Not to sound bad, but most Datsuns are not worth a whole lot, wish I could say different but well its a Datsun.

I picked up my Roadster for less then 500 dollars and it could be parted out for more then that... I'd expect your truck to go for around 1-1500k if it runs and can move under its own power. As someone who buys a lot of Datsuns making offers on them are rather hard... I just follow the saying.. They are only worth what you'll pay for it when I make offers on cars like this one, I could see 1k as a fair price on the fact it is low rust.

Honestly not setting what price you'd like to get for it makes it hard on buyers like myself, we have to consider how much *we* think its worth, and then consider what you think its worth and split the difference.. I've had people try to sell me 100 dollar Datsuns for 1000 dollars, scoff at 500 on an offer and would walk away each time.

Edited by FoxyRoadster
You are entirely correct...I guess I was the one that used the words "nut" and "idiot" I probably added them to what you said when I qouted it.....MY BAD.. And further more Just because you dont agree with some ones price does not give you a free ticket to run your mouth about what ever it is they are selling if you dont like the price,hit the back button and go on your way !!

Yes I also said OR as in OR take that option, and nut was not directed at you. Again please read before responding. Once again the fact this is a forum, a community of people, gives me "a free ticket" to "run my mouth". If you don't want people opinions then don't try to sell in an online community :rolleyes:. That said it goes both ways, your free to defend yourself. Had you not posted here and just that ad on craigs for 10k you think there wouldn't be a thread here bashing the hell out of it? Good way to get NEGATIVE attention. Great way to sell something.

You also keep talking shit about a price, for the THIRD time I'm going to remind you that you never posted a real one. How the hell does a person bitch and moan so much about something he's selling having never listed an asking price? Amazing....

I'm done wasting my time. A GENUINE good luck to you selling the truck. I hope someone that can do it justice ends up with it.

10,000 :lol::lol::lol:

i have 380 dollars ill paypal you, and ill tow it home

No but really, 10k dollars is a bit in todays economy. to bad that wasnt a 620 or a 520/521.

like this?

doublecab_1970sh_620.jpg

old 610/720/d21 Double cabs/Crew cabs are quite rare in the US. But there is tons of them in Mexico and South america.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7306426&posted=1

like this?

doublecab_1970sh_620.jpg

old 610/720/d21 Double cabs/Crew cabs are quite rare in the US. But there is tons of them in Mexico and South america.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7306426&posted=1

In that thread I found this......

Looks a d21 crew cab, fine and well but d21s somewhere came with a hooked bed?

attachment.php?attachmentid=52904&stc=1&d=1235410386

10k is real high, I bought two old Datsuns from the UK and had them imported. Both of them were in mint condition and ran. 300 hundred bucks each, 1k per car to import and 5 dollars a car to title. Anything over 25 years does not have to comply with any laws over here, as long as you have the title from the other country and the sheet where it passed customs no problem to get a title. So yes 10k is way out and you will never get close to what you want if you do not tell somebody or e-mail them back. With your attitude I would not give you 5 bucks for the thing. I know a guy in Long Beach Ca that will bring anything you want back from Mexico running for 500 bucks.

10k is real high, I bought two old Datsuns from the UK and had them imported. Both of them were in mint condition and ran. 300 hundred bucks each, 1k per car to import and 5 dollars a car to title. Anything over 25 years does not have to comply with any laws over here, as long as you have the title from the other country and the sheet where it passed customs no problem to get a title. So yes 10k is way out and you will never get close to what you want if you do not tell somebody or e-mail them back. With your attitude I would not give you 5 bucks for the thing. I know a guy in Long Beach Ca that will bring anything you want back from Mexico running for 500 bucks.

Am I missing some thing??? 2009- 1987= 22 Years old Am I wrong?? And as for my attitude it did not go down hill until Ignorance reared it ugly head,I clearly said "the 10K price tag was just to draw attention" And I could give a shit if dude in long beach will do what ever,I dont care If that was the case you would have not e-mailed me about this one,And I did send you an E-mail But got no reply(Don't matter).Further more if it were that easy to get one here and get it legal there would be more of them here,any ways It does not matter because the truck is not for sale any more And I damn sure wouldn't sell it to any one on this site,You guys apperantly have all the hook ups to get these brought over here But yet I still dont see ANY other ones here on the site.Or any where for that matter,Am I missing some thing else??Since they are so easy to get your hands on,Go get one of your own,...Yeah right!! If it was as easy as you think Trust me there would be more of them here !! But for some reason there isn't?HMM weird!!

Try a quick search ...This one took about 3 seconds..."Importing vehicles"

Imported motor vehicles are subject to U.S. safety standards, bumper standards, and air pollution control (emission) standards. Most vehicles manufactured abroad that conform with U.S. safety, bumper, and emission standards are exported expressly for sale in the United States; therefore, it is unlikely that a vehicle obtained abroad meets all relevant standards. Be skeptical of claims by a foreign dealer or other seller that a vehicle meets these standards or can readily be brought into compliance.

Edited by WHO??
Am I missing some thing??? 2009- 1987= 22 Years old Am I wrong?? And as for my attitude it did not go down hill until Ignorance reared it ugly head,I clearly said "the 10K price tag was just to draw attention" And I could give a shit if dude in long beach will do what ever,I dont care If that was the case you would have not e-mailed me about this one,More than once.Further more if it were that easy to get one here and get it legal there would be more of them here,any ways It does not matter because the truck is not for sale any more And I damn sure wouldn't sell it to any one on this site,You guys apperantly have all the hook ups to get these brought over here But yet I still dont see ANY other ones here on the site.Or any where for that matter,Am I missing some thing else??Since they are so easy to get your hands on,Go get one of your own,...Yeah right!! If it was as easy as you think Trust me there would be more of them here !! But for some reason there isn't?HMM weird!!

Try a quick search ...This one took about 3 seconds..."Importing vehicles"

Imported motor vehicles are subject to U.S. safety standards, bumper standards, and air pollution control (emission) standards. Most vehicles manufactured abroad that conform with U.S. safety, bumper, and emission standards are exported expressly for sale in the United States; therefore, it is unlikely that a vehicle obtained abroad meets all relevant standards. Be skeptical of claims by a foreign dealer or other seller that a vehicle meets these standards or can readily be brought into compliance.

ARE YOU STILL ON THIS??!?!?!?!? this was so yesterday let it go and move on.

Thanks

You ARE missing something, the model line started 7 years prior to yours. A person inclined could just pick one up 2 years older and not deal with anything.

The little quote you posted is referring to cars newer then 25 years. How do you think all these Alfa's or MGs or gray market Porsches etc that were never sold here are driving around? Say for nothing for the fact the truck was sold here just not in crew cab form. I fail to see how an extra set of doors would impair any qualifications the 720 kc already meets here.

If ignorance rearing it's head was the problem here then take the time to do some learning...... :lol:

Let this shit go and get over it already.

ARE YOU STILL ON THIS??!?!?!?!? this was so yesterday let it go and move on.

Thanks

You know what I tried to but some jackasses just keep bringing it up.So yeah when I feel the need to I will say some thing....If this thread makes you that upset DON'T OPEN IT SHEESH!!

You ARE missing something, the model line started 7 years prior to yours. A person inclined could just pick one up 2 years older and not deal with anything.

The little quote you posted is referring to cars newer then 25 years. How do you think all these Alfa's or MGs or gray market Porsches etc that were never sold here are driving around? Say for nothing for the fact the truck was sold here just not in crew cab form. I fail to see how an extra set of doors would impair any qualifications the 720 kc already meets here.

If ignorance rearing it's head was the problem here then take the time to do some learning...... :lol:

Let this shit go and get over it already.

OK I am an idiot these are the easiest things to get your hands on.Holy hell then go get one and dont worry about this one or the guy that owns it I will keep it with no quams what so ever.IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL Oh wait I know what you are after ...sorry.....YOU WIN THE INTERNET ARGUEMENT!! satisfied??

Edited by WHO??

holy shit

arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics, even if you win you are STILL RETARDED, let the shit go already

why chop that 4 door quad cab up? Sounds like a childish thing to do. "Oh you dont like my prices? ok ill chop it up haha showed you"

theres thousands of standard cab datsuns 720s out there you could get and drop it on its nuts. fuck dood i got my truck on trade for an older computer. it even had new tires on it and shit that the guy just went and had put on.

i seen a few 720s just like mine in the area for 5-600 dollars, great shape bodies and stuff just needing an engine rebuild or clutch.

Do what you want with it, but chopping it up seems to be just stupid. put it up on ebay starting bid 2k and see what you get out of it

Well man cuttin up trucks is kinda what I am into I am not gonn do it out of spite.I am not "that Guy" and as for the Ebay thing yeah thats an idea.But I have kinda wrapped my head around building it now. Like I said cuttin them up is what I am into and this thing will be cool witha reg.short bed and layin on the ground Here is a pic of my daily driver....

P2200240.jpg