1987 quad cab project

WHO??

lol ya, thats understandable

opinions are like assholes :D

mine is you should keep that thing like it is and find a standard cab 720 and make it drag. i know of a few around here for sale right now.

Good luck with it tho, just a shame to see it in pieces

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean realisticly what difference does it make if I chop this one up?according to these guys these quad cabs are a dime a dozen right?? So if I screw this one up I will just pick another one up dirt ass cheap!! See no biggie!!.....LOL

OK, lets get this thread in the right direction. I am HOPING that what You plan to do is something like this:

TT2032.jpg

TT20752.jpg

This truck is in Japan. You've gotta' love it!!

I am the guy that owns the 620 fourdoor project:

duallydavis1.jpg

What I have done, and I'm suggesting that You do, was/is, to keep the stock fourdoor bed and frame intact, seperately. Take a longbed truck and stretch the frame. Remove the fourdoor cab and place on the lengthened frame. This way, the fourdoor can oneday be put back stock. If You have the room to store that frame and bed, that would be the best decision in the survivior status of Your truck. If it is still available, please PM Me.

Actually the "plan" is to build a completely new chassis from the ground up and set the rocker panels of the quad cab right on the ground. The factory frame will be kept as a roller "Just in case" we are gonna stock floor body drop this thing !! Here is a Frony that my buddy has been working on for a guy (when the guy get him cash) This is who is gonna be workin on the QUAD!!

009.jpg

so then u r gunna do a stock floor body drop, which is new frame and move the body mounts not the floor, cause a traditional body drop u cut the floor and move it up and reweld, after that there is no turning back, unless u plan on alot of welding, and saving the pieces u cut out for later..:D if that is the plan , get r dun..:lol:

so then u r gunna do a stock floor body drop, which is new frame and move the body mounts not the floor, cause a traditional body drop u cut the floor and move it up and reweld, after that there is no turning back, unless u plan on alot of welding, and saving the pieces u cut out for later..:D if that is the plan , get r dun..:lol:

YeaH I know......like I said in the post above we are gonna build a whole new chassis for it from core support BACK!!

" we are gonna stock floor body drop this thing !!
this is my dream truck..... what is going to happen to it? it would be a sin to chop it up...... i would think someone would trade a cherry U.S. model plus cash for this truck

Steve

Well....I am open to offers but if no REASONABLE offers are made it WILL get laid out...AKA chopped up!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...