another new 510 owner

Whoracle

Well, ive been looking for a 510 for a while now and finally found one. It was just posted on craigslist today and i drove out there and bought it (guy said he had 3 other calls besides mine lol). Its a green 1972 4 door 4 speed. It needs some work, such as: carpet, fix blinkers, fix speedo and tach, new seats, etc. But i love it and its mine :D. Its originally from california, so it doesnt have that much rust. ill post some pics tomorrow.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats and WELCOME! You get an extra thumbs up from me for the In Flames profile pic!

Any moment now you will have demands raining down on you for those pics, so don't forget!

from the paperwork the guy gave me, it was rebuilt by them, with a possible slight overbore (says on the receipt "Boil Bore Hone, Oversized"), to the tune of $2423, and this was back in 1997 lol. There is also a receipt from 1996 where they spend $4244.66 replacing basically everything in the car. Tons of receipts from this car back in the 90's of various repairs ranging from 100-400$. His sister owned it for 13 years, then he has had it for the past 2 (she gave it to him for his kids to drive, but they are interested in jeeps and offroad vehicles).

Dang that one wasn't for sale for long :D It looks nice

TR3, Panasports, Dual carbs, done!!!

Yeah keep it green don't spray can it please :D

Basically most every seat will fit with some fab work. I like Dillon's 350z seats myself :D

• 2 weeks later...

lol, funny thing is all my cars so far have been green; my Jetta was a dark green, my GTI project car (trying to sell to make money for this one) is montana green, and now i have a green datsun :D. I have taken the trailer hitch off, got a new exhaust with an OEM muffler (lol) put on, replaced the front window channel felt and have the weatherstripping and window squeegees to put on. I have some 195/55R14 Toyo Proxy T1R's that will be here saturday and my tuneup parts will be in tomorrow. Ill have some more pics then if you want ;)