Do I Realy Need These Regulators??

Docsis510

I took the engine on my 510 out to rebuilt. before putting it back on the car i wanted to repaint the engine compartment and redo the wiring. im not shure what the regulators are for but i was thinking of removing them. mabe you guys know what they are for or if i need to have them on my car. DSCF2885.jpgDSCF2886.jpgDSCF2887.jpg

Edited by datzenmike
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the engine on my 510 out to rebuilt. before putting it back on the car i wanted to repaint the engine compartment and redo the wiring. im not shure what the regulators are for but i was thinking of removing them. mabe you guys know what they are for or if i need to have them on my car.

Dude you don't remove shit if you don't know what it's for. Nissan didn't put stuff in that wasn't needed. It all does something.

There will be a voltage regulator.. can't drive for long without it or the battery goes dead.

Horn relay.... gotta have a horn.

Headlight relay... gotta have it if you want high beams.

Find a good manual (preferably a FSM Factory Service Manual, for your year car) that includes wiring diagrams. Make sure you get diagrams that show the wire run and color codes for the wires. More than 50% of 510 problems are electrical related. The wiring is poor by today's standards, is a minimum of 36 years old and worst of all... had Previous Owners who have removed things, modified things and added things to it. Expect to pay at minimum $20. Even $50 is a good investment and pays for itself the first time you use it to solve a problem. The manual will also have pictures of how to fix the running gear, tune up info, maintenance info, types of lubricants to use and where, capacities etc.

• Like 1

http://dimequarterly.tierranet.com/

^^^ has plenty of wiring diagrams available. Im all for cleaning up the wiring such as gatering & zip tying to clean up the engine bay but dont remove / eliminate those parts. You can though remove..clean ..then paint :D