New to the 510 community, friendly hello to everyone!

OCSNOOPYDOG

Hello everyone, i've been lurking the site for a while and decided it was time to join and introduce myself. My name is adrian, i bought my 510 in november from edson down in san diego. I couldn't be happier! This car puts a smile on my face every time i drive it! Hope i can learn lots from all you . Thanks . Ok i know i know you guys want pics but i don't know how to post them. Any help? I guess after a couple sailor jerry's and coke i'm kinda slow.....:D

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SO FAR I'VE TAKEN THE HARNESSES OFF AND PUT IN RETRACTABLE LAP BELTS, REMOVED THE FRONT SPOOK AND REPLACED THE BATTERY. IT'S CURRENTLY SITTING IN THE CAR PORT DUE TO A BAD MASTER CYLINDER. IM WAITING ON TROY ERMISH TO SHIP ME MY WILWOOD KIT SOME TIME THIS WEEK. I'M KINDA WORRIED THAT THE KIT WON'T FIT MY CURRENT 14' WHEELS. ANYONE KNOW IF ANYONE IS RUNNING THE SAME SETUP I'M PLANNING? I'M BROKE AND CAN AFFORD NEW WHEELS AND TIRES! HELP!:mad:

SO FAR I'VE TAKEN THE HARNESSES OFF AND PUT IN RETRACTABLE LAP BELTS, REMOVED THE FRONT SPOOK AND REPLACED THE BATTERY. IT'S CURRENTLY SITTING IN THE CAR PORT DUE TO A BAD MASTER CYLINDER. IM WAITING ON TROY ERMISH TO SHIP ME MY WILWOOD KIT SOME TIME THIS WEEK. I'M KINDA WORRIED THAT THE KIT WON'T FIT MY CURRENT 14' WHEELS. ANYONE KNOW IF ANYONE IS RUNNING THE SAME SETUP I'M PLANNING? I'M BROKE AND CAN AFFORD NEW WHEELS AND TIRES! HELP!:mad:

I have seen Troys kit fit behind 14" Z wheels (ironcross) with clearance I have also seen him put them behind 13" panasports (RACE ONLY) with a little rework to the mounting brackets they should fit depending in the offset and the shape of the inside of the wheels

Clayton

THANKS GUYS FOR THE WARM WELCOME! REGARDING THE BRAKES I RECEIVED THEM TODAY! WOW! THEY LOOK AMAZING ! i SPOKE TO TROY ABOUT THE CLEARANCE ISSUES AND HE TOLD ME THAT THEY HAVE CLEARED 14" WHEELS BEFORE BUT AGIAN HE SAID IT DEPENDS ON THE MAKE AND OFFSET OF THE WHEEL, I'M ROLLING ON RIKEN MESHIES UNKNOWN SPECS . I'M KEEPING MY FINGERS CROSSED! BUYING NEW WHEELS AND TIRES WOULD SET ME BACK ANOTHER MONTH, I'M DIEING TO GET THE CAR BACK ON THE ROAD. tHANKS AGAIN GUYS FOR THE WARM WELCOME.

OC, I didnt put 2 and 2 together until later but I was the person you talked with yesterday when you called Troy about the brake M/C bracket, glad to hear you were able to install the front brakes...looking forward to updated pictures

Clayton

THANKS FOR THE HELP CLAYTON! I RAN INTO A SMALL PROBLEM FITTING THE NEW MASTER CYLINDER. THE PREVIOUS OWNER HAD INSTALLED A B210 BOOSTER AND NOW IM ON HOLD UNTIL TROY SHIPS ME THE NEW MOUNTING PLATE AND AND ROD ASSEMBLY. BTW TROY HAS AWSOME CUSTOMER SERVICE! ON A GOOD NOTE THE CALIPERS CLEARED MY 14' WHEELS!:D NOW I CAN GET MY COILOVERS SOONER! :lol:

Thanks 510freak!:)your car looks really clean, what do you have planned for it? I'll be posting some new pictures of the progress on the wilwood conversion. I'm moving at a snail's pace since this is the first time i've done any work on a car. I got to say i'm loving every minute of it, it's so rewarding to see the project done!

are you terrified driving it without bumpers? I have considered removing mine. but the thought of one asshat rearending me or me being said asshat rearending some one else always throws me off.

I drove without bumpers for over a year...no worries. :P

Well........ It has crossed my mind about getting hit or running into something. I bought the car without the bumpers, i hate how the car looks with no bumpers!:( once i get the suspension squared away i'm going to concentrate on finding decent looking bumpers. The rear just doesn't look right, too plain without the bumper...........

Thanks, 3/4 of my dime is really clean but if you look at the picks (another new guy to the rat) Ive got a little scratch to repair, I am thinking a little touch up paint should do it.

For now I am planning to just get it back to where it was last summer. But am always looking for new ideas. I had always thought I would keep it as stock as possible, but now it has a taged title so a few custom touches might be in the future. Always a work in prograss no matter how finnished they look.

As for taking it slow on your breaks, dont sweat it. I think we all belong to the "LAG" club somewhat. Thats (learn as you go)

As for running with out bumpers, that does look great and I have considered it as well but after being hit in the A$$ I think I will keep the bumper look.

Edited by dat510freak
  • 2 weeks later...

i FEEL BAD FOR MY CAR NOW THAT YOU MENTION YOU'VE SEEN IT GO THROUGH THREE OWNERS...........:( YEAH NOT HAVING BUMPERS BOTHERS ME A LOT BUT FOR NOW I JUST DID A WILWOOD BRAKE UPGRADE AND COILOVERS ARE NEXT ON MY LIST. THE BODY WILL WAIT UNTIL ALL THE PERFORMANCE/ HANDELING MODS ARE DONE. THANKS FOR THE PROPS.

Third times the charm man! So she got around a bit, She was looking for Mr Right the whole time, and looks like she found him! Don't hold her past against her!:D;)

Fisch: You make a good point! lol I've already forgiven her for getting around! She's a keeper in my eyes!

Freekwonder: Do you plan a father and son project? That would be an awsome project! Good luck with it.

Yes and no. My son is 8 right now and as much as he loves the Datsun he would rather play with his friends. But if he asks to help I let him help. Like this weekend I was raising the car up on the coilovers and he asked what I was doing, so he got underneath the car with me so I could show him.