1980 200sx build

Just below this plate, there is an almost hidden hole through the inner fender the cable goes into.

I went to the exact area and it still took me a minute or two to find it.  My engine harness was right over it.  Thanks, I would have never found that! 

Sad it's going to get crushed.  Have you considered grabbing the F/I components for one of your rides?  I think I might F/I my truck if I come across a donor. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My new CMC had a shorter rod.  Swapped my old one on.

CMCrods.jpg

Luckily I'd grabbed a good pin at some point.

Clutchpin.jpg

Took the pedal off and JB welded the pin hole and wear from the pedal return spring. 

Clutchpedal.jpg

Clutchpedal2.jpg

Clutchpedal3.jpg

Never tried this before, hopefully it'll hold. 

I let it set for four hours and drilled it out (it was still soft).  I'm going to let it sit for 24 hours before putting it on.

I went to the exact area and it still took me a minute or two to find it.  My engine harness was right over it.  Thanks, I would have never found that! 

Sad it's going to get crushed.  Have you considered grabbing the F/I components for one of your rides?  I think I might F/I my truck if I come across a donor. 

I know what you mean about the hole being hard to find. I should have mentioned there was a loop of wiring harness right on top of it.

I already have a Z20e with all the pieces and harness from an '81  SX my neighbor was sending to the crusher. I don't know if I'll ever put it in a Datsun or not. It is a long-running fantasy to use it, although I believe the oil pan or cross member needs to be modded to go into a 510. If I go to that much trouble, I'd probably do a KA24. The Z20e I have is supposed to be a good running engine and that SX died and wouldn't restart after being washed. Probably a relay or something electrical. If I ever use this engine, I'll wish I'd grabbed components from the SX currently at P&S for spares. Although there may be differences between the bits for non-O2 and O2 sensor engines. Maybe I'll find a free '81 SX with a bad motor I can use mine on someday.

Len

I know what you mean about the hole being hard to find. I should have mentioned there was a loop of wiring harness right on top of it.

I already have a Z20e with all the pieces and harness from an '81  SX my neighbor was sending to the crusher. I don't know if I'll ever put it in a Datsun or not. It is a long-running fantasy to use it, although I believe the oil pan or cross member needs to be modded to go into a 510. If I go to that much trouble, I'd probably do a KA24. The Z20e I have is supposed to be a good running engine and that SX died and wouldn't restart after being washed. Probably a relay or something electrical. If I ever use this engine, I'll wish I'd grabbed components from the SX currently at P&S for spares. Although there may be differences between the bits for non-O2 and O2 sensor engines. Maybe I'll find a free '81 SX with a bad motor I can use mine on someday.

Len

Gas Mileage ;)

1980 200sx Z20e federal 5-speed 28/40

1990 240sx KA24e 5-speed 20/27

Gas mileage ... and the fact it will be the driving experience of your life :D which is like being on a roller coaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQeZkfQPIL0

Gas Mileage ;)

1980 200sx Z20e federal 5-speed 28/40

1990 240sx KA24e 5-speed 20/27

Gas mileage ... and the fact it will be the driving experience of your life :D which is like being on a roller coaster

Good point on gas mileage. That one hadn't occurred to me. I wonder what the mileage would be with a Z20e in a 510 with a bit less weight than the 200SX? Maybe not a lot of difference.

I haven't seen that SX ad in a 3 or 4 years. Maybe the ad is one reason the SX didn't seem to be a big seller for Nissan in that era. Most people did a word association of Roller Coaster = Scary! and went to look at a Toyota.

Len

z20e in a 510, better mileage and faster given weights than a s110, say removing twenty five pounds equates to 1hp approximately

250 lbs. lighter = 10hp - not sure what that would be in gas savings but It'd be beneficial.

I think the in between cars have a hard time being big sellers.  It's not the sports car and it's not a family car.  240sx didn't sell well enough either.  IDK about the s-12.  I see very few of these so ... I doubt it.