No more rake!

Guest DatsuNoob

Guest DatsuNoob

Today I put in a set of 3 inch drop blocks (with a little help from Dave (pumpkn210)he was there for moral support ;)) to eliminate the rake I had from turning down my torsion bars. I saw my first bit of clean paint under 30+ yrs of dirt, mud, and road grime, under the u-bolt sleeves that were sitting on the rear end. I saw that pretty black paint and just about had a heart attack. Now it just sits and looks so much better! :cool: I dont look like some haggard azz wannabe rat rodder anymore. I'll be on the lookout for a bigger set of wheels to fill the fenderwells in a little more. 16"s or 17"s should do it nicely.... it's a neverending work in progress. Speaking of which, look at all that rust :eek:

Picture042-1.jpg

Picture041.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you say I was a "haggard azz wannabe rat rodder" LOL?...Ol Yeller is dropped 3 inches in front and stock in the rear...SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I believe we did call that a slight rake back in the 70s' when these trucks were the thing...Hey Steroid...am I correct here?..Isn't "Funtana" raked pretty good?...hmmmmmmm "haggard azzz............." Hmmmmmmmmmmmm should I be offended LOL.......Naw, "just a bunch of good ol boys...havin sum fun ...."

Guest DatsuNoob

No hard feelings Yeller, It was just more of a joke than anything else. The cool thing about these old trucks is that there are so many things to do with them around an individual's preference. Personally I just dont dig the raked out look on ANY truck. Old rat rods it's cool though, I'd totally do it if I had one. Notice the key word was "wannabe" rat rodder :D. Bleeeeeeach, I gave you the shot of the "good" door, but it still has plenty of rust, a dent on the vertical edge where it meets the cab, and about four extra holes not including the ones for the old trucker mirrors. The pass door has a big "flat" dent, and I think it might be difficult to get the curve back, also my bullet line is crimped inward being hidden with what appears to be bubble gum, or old bondo and white krylon.

Looks good, I agree with you in the way of liking the level look. I still need to lower ther rear or raise the front on my garage queen. Im only dropped 2.5 in the rear and whatever it ended up with in the front when I put the front end together.