Original fit AM/FM radio - W/MP3 input & Cassette

nukeday

I was surprised to see something like this existed. I'm lucky to have not had my dash all chopped up, but a shaft radio with relatively modern specs is hard to find. This looks like an easy solution. Anyone out there bought one of these?

I've been looking at car-puters to solve the sound needs in the 521, but this is easier and cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Style-AM-FM-Car-Stereo-Radio-w-Shafts-iPOD-mp3_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1205Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a1Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem250366891377QQitemZ250366891377QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

He's only got two atm, sucks to be broke :(

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one of those in the wagon, works fine. Be aware there is no "tone" function on this one! Also, the AM tuner section is a bit "touchy". If you search ebay for it I seem to remember I bought it for $27 or so.

I had one of those. It was a total piece of junk.

:D Looks like it! I would like to see one that REALLY looked old school.:cool:

I can't wait to install my 1971 DATSUN 8-track player under the dash right below my factory AM-FM.

Thats gonna be BOSS!:blink:

It does look cheap, but my idea primarily involved an MP3 player. I suppose a cigarette plug FM x-mitter style would work too, but that still leaves the issue of FM in an old Datsun.

Just exploring options for that hole in the dash :mellow: Thanks for the 'reviews', lol...

I suppose a cigarette plug FM x-mitter style would work too, but that still leaves the issue of FM in an old Datsun.

i have a $5-shipped ebay, hecho in china POS I-Pod player/charger/holder (bought it beacause it was the cheapest charger i could find :lol: ) thats been working perfectly for 2+ years.

easy to remove (& hide) too. move to any car w/a cig lighter and radio.

i have a stock AM/FM datsun radio that it works great with.

FM issue? specifics??? quality is high, not great(could be the shitty speakers :P )

I like those ones from Custom Autosounds, I'll probably end up with one sooner or later. Until then, I've plugged my el cheapo 1gb MP3 player into the Dual and it works fine. Hours of music for the road out of my crumby, mismatched speakers. Nice part is I don't have any wires and stuff hanging out, the MP3 player is battery powered and it's all up there on the head unit.

IMAGE_594_edited.jpg

Awww.... I bought a stereo like that one the other day for like 60 buxs. Seriously, I just payed 20 buxs more for a good used one. Its was made in 1994 and it still plays very good! I just wonder how long those new chepo 40 dollars ones will last.

Well what about this? http://cgi.ebay.com/Bluetooth-Cassette-Adaptor-for-Cars_W0QQitemZ370154130219QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Car_Parts_Accessories?hash=item370154130219&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Its a bluetooth cassette! I guess you just play the tape and it receives bluetooth signals....

If you really want to save some cash just buy this.

54b0_1.JPG

Edited by Motavated