uhm... dumb question

tdaaj

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No... only the way it is now with a D-21 Hardbody box. Looks just like the 280 box but has the sector shaft on the outside of the frame rail instead of inside beside the motor. This moves the Pittman arm over 2-3" and won't connect to the stock steering properly. Mine is fine because I made my own cross rod steering and could set the length.

Farmer.......... So if I got those drop spindles for Choptana (1979 disc front brakes) that means I could literally get the front spoiler right on planet earth??? Yes???

What yello620 said. But I believe you can still use the 79 hubs. Redeye used his hubs from his 79.

Larry

The hubs are dimensionally the same as far as the bearing and rotor fit goes. Where they differ is the nubs that center the wheel. The late 720 and HB had a bigger hole, so bigger nubs. It might save you a couple of bucks at the yard by not buying the hubs, but the real advantage to the 620 hubs is the smaller nubs. The fit more wheels and they're easier to grind down if they don't :)

...also...the HB hubs have a big, expensive seal....the 620 seal fits and is a lot cheaper.