1969 Toyota Crown

That's a beautiful. I'd appreciate the stock motor while you still can. The back seats, I'm sure there's a way to install 4 pt harnesses behind the seat cushion somehow but it will at least be safe for the kids. Awesome find. Ever consider getting all four steelies powder coated gloss black. I'll be watching this thread for sure. =)

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a beautiful. I'd appreciate the stock motor while you still can. The back seats, I'm sure there's a way to install 4 pt harnesses behind the seat cushion somehow but it will at least be safe for the kids. Awesome find. Ever consider getting all four steelies powder coated gloss black. I'll be watching this thread for sure. =)

I think you missed the 2nd page! Stock motor went boom! I still have it of course and will rebuild when i find the time. The kids have been riding with me with the lap belts, I was paranoid at first, but after some research i feel fine about it. I was looking at there seats while in our other car , and it's set up as just a lap belt anyway. the shoulder parts gets tucked down.

I don't think I've chimed in here yet, but man that thing looks great cool.gif

You should spray some high gloss black on the steelies with a deep coat of clear. They would look super sick with that chrome trim on there.

That would be sick, i'll do what i can with rattle cans!

Many years ago, I saw a Crown hardtop with a twin cam in a Japanese magazine, and it uh... changed my life or something. Now you've done it, and it's even cooler! Awesome!

thanks man, i never saw one till about 2 months before i bought mine!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks guys, i plan on doing a few things with my tax money, i can't wait.

Matt-i def. want to weld up the floor on the truck, can you bring the welder to my place? I got no tag/insurance on the truck at the moment, and i lost the key! If we can do that, any weekend day your availble would be awesome.

Thanks guys, i plan on doing a few things with my tax money, i can't wait.

Matt-i def. want to weld up the floor on the truck, can you bring the welder to my place? I got no tag/insurance on the truck at the moment, and i lost the key! If we can do that, any weekend day your availble would be awesome.

Of course man, it's not a real big welder, so it wouldn't be an issue. I'll have to get my car legal and cruise over there one day.