Little update on the roadster

FoxyRoadster

I've dropped any motor swap ideas for this one, I'll buy another for that :P like everyone else I cant have just one :lol: I've been on a break from the work as while removing the drivers side door I banged my arm and hurt my ulnar nerve..

I've picked my wheels out, I dont know how they will look painted and on the car but heres a link to them http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=WVI-12-470404&view=32&N=700+4294923107+4294923105+4294755962+4294793323+4294755966+4294919982+304840

I'll be getting these hubcaps http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=WVI-12-470404&view=32&N=700+4294923107+4294923105+4294755962+4294793323+4294755966+4294919982+304840

I just needed some new shoes for the car mostly.. Now for an update on what I have to fix.. lol

Found why this car had two new tires on only the front... the left pass side's lugnuts are rusted and I'm guessing him or someone else didn't use any oil before removing and broke the stud loose... Planning on running new brake lines as I went through the hoses and found bends and cracks, oh yeah another rat skull has been found lets hope the rest of it isn't left in the car...

Getting ready to pull the dash when my arm gets better and redo the wiring there and start running the wiring harness into the body... I've also obtained a new camera, so I'll be able to do some new work..

I have the original antenna still at least, I have already about put my eye out with it once before. :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AT89awZKI4I my notebook made it look like I shut it harder then I did, lol.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Foxy,

FYI, for the price of those new wheels you should be able to pick up some nice vintage mags. I scored a set of 5 Ronals from one of the members here for $200. If you want stock wheels, get on 311s.org and ask. I'm sure that there are sets floating around out there for less than the new price. That site is down right now but should be back in a couple of days. PM me as I now lots of roadster guys if you want me to help you find a set of stockers.

Mike

aka exit64

Yeah, stock roadster steel wheels & hub caps show up all the time...many times as freebies. Mine will be once I can afford Panasports. Trouble is, that won't be 'til 2015 at this rate, hehehehehe.

Also, you want the 67.5(?)/68 or later stock wheels that are 4-1/2 inch wide. There's a marking on the rim. The earlier wheels were only 4 inches wide.

would have cost me more to ship any used rims and tires.. got a 20% off and free shippng for my next order when I bought the first set of rims.

I kinda wanted to see what they looked like after the car was panted not to mention they wont look like that they'll be painted black with chrome rims. If I dont like them I'll stick them on something else.

Also converting the lighting over to LED on the rear and same for the front blinkers.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well more updates: Found the rat in this ratsun, hit the rear quarter with a grinder and found almost an inch of bondo in spots! Shoulda seen the cloud of bondo in the air! :eek::eek: Don't worry I wore a mask. I kinda guessed there was bondo there but an inch thick...wow.. I'm like no wonder there now is a used car lot where this body shop used to be...

I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do with the damaged section. I need a drink.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure on how they look, I think I need to get larger flairs but the "racers tape" doesn't help :P

Fairlady_1.JPG

here is one you might be able to see! :lol:

Fairlady_7.JPG

You can already see the lines in where the body work is done that I've got to repair...

Fairlady4.JPG

Fairlady5.JPG

Fairlady_6.JPG

I think it might look a lot cleaner once I get the springs taken care of, some new shocks on it, the equip 1's also will make the flairs look better I think.

Unfortunately my VW has been keeping me from installing the flares, I'm doing other things on the car though as I browse.

Edited by FoxyRoadster
added daytime shot

Sweet! Cut the springs/dump it so we can figure out if you need bigger flares. It's hard to tell for us, too, you should take pictures from the front or back of the car so we can see how wide they are.

If you decide to sell the ZG flares, my brother's in the market soon....

Are you sure you gonna get that running before you start messin around with flares?

Where's the pics of engine bay, interior.....?

I'll get some more up later tonight, but I'm focusing on the body before I start on the major engine work.. I want a car worthy of a supercharged R16 first.

Anyhow the flares I've selected I think are too small, they are only two inches... I'm thinking I need to get mine about 4 inches longer and another inch wider, I might end up making my own flares but was trying to avoid it.

Here is a side angle I took when I had the good camera

side%7E0.JPG

I had to give back the better camera and got stuck using my cellphone, sorry guys I had to RMA my good camera..

My trunk with working jack kit

trunk.JPG

Drivers side floorpan with all the insulation cleaned out

drivers_pan.JPG

drivers_pan2.JPG

This is where the rust is the worst on the drivers floor pan...

dsrearrust.JPG

Fred Flintstone has nothing on this.

pass_hole.JPG

pass_side_rear_pan%2C_worst_spot.JPG

Surface rust on the rear deck

normal_rear_deck_2.JPG

my engine bay, got the brake lines cleaned out and replacing the fan with a flexfan.

normal_motor.JPG

Sorry for the crappy pictures off my cellphone, but wanted to least get something up. I'm debating on just using the flares on the rear as the front are flared almost two inches stock... So the flares do nothing...

I'll be home and kicking around some thoughts on it.