Wrecking Yard Report

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, don't know a lot about steering wheels, but I am sure that someone can tell you on here what it came from, maybe it's a 520 wheel.

This is what my 66 520 had when I bought it.

I remember when I had my Roadster that the 520 horn button would work on the '65-'67 Roadster steering wheels, which is the same button as in that pic. I've also seen several pics of 520s with the same wheel and horn button/bar combo.

I remember when I had my Roadster that the 520 horn button would work on the '65-'67 Roadster steering wheels, which is the same button as in that pic. I've also seen several pics of 520s with the same wheel and horn button/bar combo.

That what i was thinking. wayno and 67-1600 the truck looks pretty much stock from when it was new. Real clean and untouched before i got a hold of it. But hey thats what junk yards are for. :)

I just went out and looked at my 67 roadster, it's different.

DSCN0929.JPG

I think my wheel is stock, but I don't know it.

I am lucky I went out to the garage tonight, as it turns out something is wired wrong on the roadster, the amp gauge light is on all the time running the battery down, but when I turn the park lights on, that light goes out, weird.

I just went out and looked at my 67 roadster, it's different.

I think my wheel is stock, but I don't know it.

I am lucky I went out to the garage tonight, as it turns out something is wired wrong on the roadster, the amp gauge light is on all the time running the battery down, but when I turn the park lights on, that light goes out, weird.

That's the stock wheel on your Roadster, but what I meant is the horn button (just the part with the 'd') on the 520 is the same as your Roadster with the exception of the color. The wheels are different and the Roadster doesn't use the bar.

Monrovia Pick-A-Part

1979 4-door 210

Automatic

Car was in pretty good shape. The grill was sitting on top of the car complete. i forgot to take pics inside but the seats were immaculate. The car was either garaged or the seats had been redone, vinyl. All glass was there. Dash had been resurfaced. Not a horrible attempt but not great.

IMG_0384_zpsd0d83424.jpg

IMG_0383_zps6ecd0f92.jpg

IMG_0382_zps19d07159.jpg

IMG_0381_zpsfcff55e8.jpg

IMG_0380_zps34bf7a1f.jpg

I do know this, the 720 steering wheel will mount on the 520 column shaft, along with all the 720 tilt wheel hardware(headlight/turn signal/wiper/cover) and it looks like it belongs there, I suspect that the 520/521 hardware(turn signal switch/cover) will also fit the 720 tilt column shaft, but will not cover the tilt assembly hardware.

I would suspect that the 520/521 wheel will interchange with the 510 wheel, in other words the splines are the same, datsun/nissan is good about this kind of stuff when it comes to the basic way the vehicles are put together on the early stuff.

I do know this, the 720 steering wheel will mount on the 520 column shaft, along with all the 720 tilt wheel hardware(headlight/turn signal/wiper/cover) and it looks like it belongs there, I suspect that the 520/521 hardware(turn signal switch/cover) will also fit the 720 tilt column shaft, but will not cover the tilt assembly hardware.

I would suspect that the 520/521 wheel will interchange with the 510 wheel, in other words the splines are the same, datsun/nissan is good about this kind of stuff when it comes to the basic way the vehicles are put together on the early stuff.

Yeah, I have installed a 720ST hub on a 510 before so if the 520/21 fits the 720 then its golden on the 510. Now to watch for those sweet classic 520 wheels to swap into my 510. Thanks Wayno. 

Wayno, I had a 67 1600 for about 10 years in the bay area. I had more fun with that than I did with either of my Corvettes. Sorry for the thread drift...

I used my datsun roadster as a hanggliding rig for several years to the dismay of my hanggliding freinds, but they let it slide, as I would remove the top, and 3 or 4 of us would climb in it and up the hill we would go to retrieve their vehicles.

This was right before the chrome was finished.

1967%2520datsun%2520roadster%2520002.jpg

1967%2520datsun%2520roadster%2520003.jpg

This is with the carbon fiber hangglider, I received a lot of strange looks with this one on top of the car, I had about the same amount of money in the car as I had into the glider at this point, about $8000.00, roadsters are expensive to restore, even in 1995/96.

1967%2520datsun%2520roadster.jpg

• Like 1

coulorbox- What did the dash look like on that '79 210? I need the gauge cluster/radio/heater control bezel. At some point, somebody must have gotten angry and kicked the middle of mine out or something... There is kind of a big hole with wires and heater controls sticking out... :geek:

--Chad

The dash was in good shape. The heater control face was there. Looked like someone had repainted the black area of it but it was all in one piece. Glove box was there as well but the door was off. Both the door and box were in the car though. If you wanted that too just use some gorilla tape to make a faux hinge. I took the box out to get at the door chime but I left it in the front seat. Door was in the back. The radio/ash tray cluster was there as well. If memory serves me correctly it was all in one piece. No cracks. Steering wheel had been removed but was in the car. D logo was missing I believe.

I was actually thinking of grabbing the glove box door for myself to have as a spare. You can go on their website for pricing: http://www.pickapartauto.com/. If I head back out there it probably won't be until Sunday and I'll get pics for you. Not sure the seat covers will come off. It's all sewn in. You can probably get covers at Pep Boys. I picked up some nice faux suede ones there a couple of times for the front and back seats.

Well, I called and the lady on the phone had no idea what I was talking about... I don't want to give you the run-around. Probably the best thing to do would be take a picture and show it to the cashier or something. What do you think?