So I may have found a truck closer to me. need advise from the experts

datman

found this while searching the net. It's located in Alberta about 4 hrs from me.

n517942151_846355_1318.jpg

IMGP0736.jpg

here's what the seller has to say about it.

1976 datsun 620, most of the bodywork is done, its in grey primer, brand new 16" wheels, new tires front and back, still got the nubs on them, and a second set for the back too, its a bench seat and a standard tranny, its lowered 2" in the front and 3" in the back, recently had motor work done, the head was sent out and rebuilt and now it doesnt run, i checked it out, no compression on cylinders 1 and 4, im guessing that the shop that rebuilt it screwed up or the guy i bought it off put it back together wrong, this truck has a lot of new good parts in it and would be a great project for any aspiring mini trucker! im looking for 1200 bucks.

So is it worth the drive? I'd have to haul it back here also since it needs work to get it running. looks like it will need rockers

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Offer him $750 and see what he says.. Primer is a good hider, and that truck probably has holes patched with Bondo. $1200 would be a decent price if the truck was running, but that's too much for one that doesn't run and probably has more filler filled holes than you'd like to see.

In Canada its tripple the price. Probaby a $900 truck there. These are more rare than an east coast USA 620.

I don't know about that Bleach! Well at least a New England 620. I shit you not, I've never seen one on the road here. In fact I've never seen any non Z datsun on the road here.

First of all if you can't drive it, you can't make an informed decision on it. You cant drive it around to see if the brakes work, rear end clunks/whines, driveshaft vibrates, tranny whines, grinds, or even if all the gears are there, if the clutch works, does the engine smoke, knock or over heat, steering, alignment and front and rear suspension is safe.

If it doesn't run and you don't know the owner, cut the price in half at least. This is a good rule of thumb to follow. If the owner want's that much for it, it had better run 'real good'.

thanks for the help guys. probably going to pick up S10 in the spring if i can't locate a 620. Or maybe a D50. I still be on the look out for a datsun though.

couldnt you just do a road trip and pick one up from the westcoast USA? Looks to be about 19 hrs, give or take to seattle. Gas would come to 326 dollars there and back at 2.20 per gallon, and getting 15 miles per gallon. Not all that bad, I had to pay 1100 to get my truck from the westcoast to hawaii

Edited by sanitys

If it wouldn't run, could the distributor be 180 degrees off??? Easy to check.

Remember also parts that add up like a carrier shaft bearing and other things like that. Half of what He is asking would be reasonable.

My 2 cents........ It's Your journey in this life. If You have ever wanted a 620 and they are hard to find up there, half of Your battle is done. No body else can put a price on Your dreams. If You always wanted one, Your dreams can begin literally by one phone call. How can You put a price on that????