Evolution of my 280zx.....so far

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a little update....the intake, valve covers, and carb are just sitting on the motor..but the heads are on!!!

SD530163.jpg

The 280 is here at the shop with the front clip off, ready and waiting for the mockup stages!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It was brought to my attention that I maybe should update this thread....well....the project is kind of at a standstill. But I should be getting back to it within the next month or so as soon as I get into my new place. I've still got the fuel system, wiring, and exhaust to do... along with a couple other things like shifter, gauges, and little things. Hope to have it back on the road by the end of June or so. So expect some updates here and there.

Who cares what engine you put in there... as long as youre still driving a Datsun. I love seeing swaps. The only time hate swaps is when someone starts one, realizes its too much work, and then gives up to either sell the car or junk it. As long as you can finish what you start, keep doin' whatcha doin'. Car looks great.

• 4 weeks later...

Well....so closes the book on this car. Tomorrow it goes to get the engine and tranny pulled, and then it's to be traded off. Since I've gotten the s30 I've had less and less motivation to finish this car. That and to be honest, I really wasn't feeling the V8 vibe anymore. So it's going to a new home and I'll be bringing a 72 521 home in it's place. It was a good run with the ZX, but all good things must come to an end. It's on to other cars (and trucks) that deserve some love.