510 race car question

sssr20det510

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like that's what he means. In most racing applications, glass isn't allowed on any of the windows, so they replace them with lexan/plexiglass windows, and use those brackets to help pin them in. I'd assume you can make your own, but why do you want them?

M5SIDE2.jpg

My Datsun 1200 has 1/8" thick aluminum "clips". These are required when road racing with SCCA, 3 top, 2 bottom, 1" wide minimum (my lower corner ones are extra). Also, required are 2 full height 1/8" x 1" minimum straps on the outside of the rear window.

In SCCA GT racing the windshield can be Lexan, 1/4" minimum thickness and 3 interior 1" wide supports are required behind it.

If racing, check the rule book, every sanctioning body has a different idea of what is needed and some even differ between classes within the same organization.

AK17.jpg

My Datsun 1200 has 1/8" thick aluminum "clips". These are required when road racing with SCCA, 3 top, 2 bottom, 1" wide minimum (my lower corner ones are extra). Also, required are 2 full height 1/8" x 1" minimum straps on the outside of the rear window.

In SCCA GT racing the windshield can be Lexan, 1/4" minimum thickness and 3 interior 1" wide supports are required behind it.

If racing, check the rule book, every sanctioning body has a different idea of what is needed and some even differ between classes within the same organization.

AK17.jpg

now THATS a racecar!