Captivity Sucks!

BvtnDave

I bought my first Datsun in September, 1972. Still have it. A 1968 1600 Roadster. It was thoroughly thrashed. Cost: $850

But, it only needed: Carpet, windshield, brakes, exhaust, tires, clutch, soft-top, paint, upholstery and other "minor" stuff.

With no mechanical knowledge, no money, and no tools, what could go wrong?

Well, here's one thing:

My buddy and I were driving near the zoo in our small town one foggy night. Suddenly, the instrument panel glowed a BRIGHT orange, and the car died.

Subsequent investigation would reveal an expired alternator diode. But for the moment, we sought to self-medicate and ruminate on our immediate options.

First things first: We strolled over to the perimeter fence, and lit up a bit of what was then a commonly enjoyed herb.

Immediately, the resident emu dashed over and thrust his beak through the chain-link. He smelled the smoke, and he wanted some! Every time we would exhale, he would crane his neck, and sniff loudly. The park and zoo were always full of stoners, and "Big Bird" must have developed an affection for weed. As seventeen-year-old knuckleheads, we thought it hilarious, and shared every bit. By the time we were done, Mr. Emu was resting comfortably against the fence, and running free somewhere in his mind.

These days, we would be pilloried as animal and "drug" "abusers", but I like to think we gave that poor bird a moment's respite from being stuck in a crappy old pen in a damp coastal town.

My Datsun rolls on better than ever. Though I don't roll the same way, (or the stuff we rolled then) I'll always have a soft spot for emus...

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

welcome home, u have just entered into the best family ever made, if u can't get it fixed , bought, sold, and or manufactured here it doesn't exsist, if it's for dattos..other wise hold on tight because this will be the best ride of your life, nice to meet ya, great story also,lmao:lol::lol:

Guest 510kamikazifreak
Hey lou, how's the back coming along? Ohhh, yeah. Nice buds.

Hi Mike,

It is there Mike:mad:

pissing me off,

the right leg numb,Was told something today about the L3 vertabre :confused:

them Buds are most(or was that moist) SWEET:lol: