my first datsun...72 620 king cab

hey everyone i am about to buy my first datsun its a 1972 620 king cab and it deffinetly needs some work but that doesnt scare me at all. i have big plans for it thats for sure considering my friend got me into minitrucking and this will be my first build so i think i picked a good one for it..plans are to bag it and do some tastefull body mods.. i will post pics soon as i get it to the garage and start working on it.. only problem with the truck is the syncros are out of 1st gear so i am gonna have fun finding a tranny for it cause i checked with penndot and as far as i know i have one of the only titled datsun 620 kingcabs in pennsylvania..

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I really wanted to see a '73 KC.

Look on the top of the frame between the motor mount and the alternator and post the vehicle serial number. It should read PL620 XXXXXX. P=L16 and L= left hand drive Can/US destination. A King Cab would be KHL 620 XXXX K=deluxe cab, H=L20B, L left hand drive, G long wheelbase

Edited by datzenmike
info correction
The problem is, Datsun didn't even make a King Cab until 1976. So there's been some funny business with either the VIN or the paperwork.

its titled as a 72 i will double check everything

Edited by EJ's autospecialties
wrong typing
and by the way damn near any 4 or 5 speed will work, from 280z's to zx's, early model maximas.. also any other 620 pretty much, im sure its a long tail in there now so you should have no problem finding a replacement

also does it have discs on front?[/quote

i believe it does havent gotten the chance to dig into everything yet it was dark lookin at it and gotta go get it on the trailer and get it to the garage for tear down