Datsun 510/A10 Fusible links

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, Larsonian said:

Does anyone know where i could find a replacement fusable link for the A10? or what gauge wire I would need to replace it?

You can also replace it with a self-resetting fuse (as long as everything else is working correctly) which is sometimes a bit easier to find. Not a 100% exact replacement but I've been running them on all my Datsuns for over 10 years now with great success.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Just need to know the fusible link rating.

Looks like it should be a green 0.5. which would be a 40amp replacement if using a fuse. The check is that it should be 4 wire sizes smaller than the wire it is protecting. 

• Like 1

Fusible links are also length specific. If the burnt link is 3" long, replace it with 3" of new fusible link.

I use W crimp splices to wire in fusible links. They are also called open barrel or open band splice connectors. You can find them here - https://www.amazon.com/CONNECTIVITY-63130-2-TERMINAL-BARREL-SPLICE/dp/B00MMYQKEM

• Like 1
On 3/14/2024 at 6:52 PM, Larsonian said:

Does anyone know where i could find a replacement fusable link for the A10? or what gauge wire I would need to replace it?

I’ve replaced with modern maxi fuses and it seemed to work just fine. Although you can still get fusible links from the parts store

You can buy the fusible link wire from Pico brand at places like Summit racing, but the color coding is not always the same. Each vehicle manufacturer used their own color coding. The most accurate way of sizing is as @Dguy210 said. 4 sizes smaller than the wire you're protecting. So if the wire is 10ga, then the fusible link wire needs to be 14ga.