1979 Datsun 210 A14 rebuilt engine needed

Hello, I am have a Nissan Datsun 210 with an A14 engine. It has just failed the block test. I'm trying to find one that is rebuilt with a guarantee/warranty. I found a rebuilt engine on ebay, but the seller has failed to respond to questions about a warranty/guarantee. I hope I've come to the right place to find help. Thank you in advance for your help.ac98e20e-46e8-411d-a727-d98aa79379b4.thumb.jpg.6401ab8d185d0e7021ecceff23db2238.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, please define block test?

I've been racing an A-series powered car for 35 years; I've seriously overheated a couple of them and never have I had a bad block.

Unless it's cracked (something I've never seen) I can't imagine one being bad.

So again please provide more information.

Also what are you don't have to have an A14.............and A15 or even A12A will bolt right into your car. 

Probably a test for combustion gases in the coolant.

Most likely issue is a blown head gasket. Which is a pretty damn easy fix on a 210. Probably get the head flattened if it warped at all while it was off but that is it.

Did it overheat?

What exactly happened, what are the symptoms.

I've done some seriously horrible stuff to A series engines for like 30 years now and the blocks are very hard to kill.

• Thanks 1

I just searched for "block test" and guess what? It's a total scam. Sure, it might work to tell you there is carbon in your coolant, but it won't tell you why. A friend of mine bought a 2000 Camaro for $500 after it failed one of those block tests, and he's been driving it and bracket racing it since then, with zero problems. Sometimes the carbon leaks over from the combustion chambers when the car is warming up or cooling down.

Radiator and heater hoses have carbon black in the rubber to make them black and over time hoses deteriorate, also, many head gaskets are graphite coated. Look up what graphite is.

• Like 1