1985 Nissan 720 4x4 Kingcab original Paint scheme?

Samk.pnw

Hi all! A few months ago I picked up my first vehicle, I got a 1985 Nissan 720, and I have looked for hours and I haven't been able to find the original paint job / design of the colour / decals on this guy, and I was wondering if anybody had any more information on it. I can see two spots where the original paint is still on, one looks like a dark blue, one looks like black. Was wondering if its worth restoring or if I should just leave it alone. Frame is solid, only surface rust, worst rust is just above the fenders.

DSC_9473.jpg

DSC_9574.jpg

IMG_7495.jpg

IMG_7836.jpg

IMG_7875.jpg

le truck-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

buF8TkE.jpg

Color/Trim 505 G (for the above truck) is on the identification plate located on the inner right (passenger) side fender below the hood hinge.

Trim is likely the interior

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the info on the paint colour, I am planning to leave it for now. I was wondering specifically about the vinyl stuff on the sides, the old stripes and 4x4. I haven't been able to find the same design anywhere online, and I was curious to see it's legacy. It's an '85 king cab 4x4, with an '86 z24 2.4 cyl. 180k km on the odo, but the frame and everything else is so clean it doesn't indicate to me that the odometer was rolled back. Definitely a fun truck. If / When this motor blows (it burns roughly a quart of oil per 1000km), I might look at swapping it to a KA24DE or KA24E. Just replaced the alternator, fan clutch, belts, thermometer and it's running much better, especially without the rack on it at the moment. 

image.jpeg.bac3d34515c683833fc862099fd49a0b.jpeg

Nissan had a lot of dress-up things that the dealer would install. This might even be after market stuff.

Closest I found is King Cab 4wd graphics used through '84: Lt. Med. Dr. silver for use with paint codes 505/807 ... 99990-00829 and 999JM-83011. Two numbers so perhaps two part graphic? Not used after '84. You could take this to the Nissan dealer and see what they say. My guess is they will be be reluctant to bother to even try. First thing out of their mouth is "We can't do anything without a VIN." You may luck out but even then this is something almost 40 years ago and their stuff only goes back 20 or 30. 

Here's another Silver for '85/'86 for 4wd ST (unknown if for King Cab) paint codes 006G, 013G, 505G... 000JM-85012