Slamming my Datsun 1200 B110 Sedan

B210Grace

Hey guys, I'm new here, I've looked at a lot a posts on the subject and didn't came to any conclusion. So what I'm looking to do with my 1200 is a true rat-style, slammed, slow and all for show. Right now it's on stock suspension, both front and the rear and I'm looking for a cheap way to make my vision come true, I don't really car about handling with this particular car, I just want to go as low as I can. I hope I can find some tips here, Merry Christmas to you all.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably won't be much help for what you are looking to do but....

My 1200 is lowered 2" all around. Used 2" lowering springs from BProjects in Japan as well as 2" blocks in the rear. The car also rides on 12" wheels and tires.

061NVuT.jpg

There is a wrong way to slam a car. That way leaves zero or very little suspension travel. If you want the car low, but still has suspension travel, get a cheap coilover kit for the front, with adjustable collars, and use lowering blocks in the rear. Ideally, you would also use shorter shocks, and also some sort of bumpstop so you're not smashing the suspension against the body when it hits full bump.

I hope you're not one of those guys who doesn't care about how it works, and wants to build something totally impractical and dangerous. If so, we got nothin in common.

• Thanks 1
16 hours ago, B210Grace said:

slow and all for show.

You've obviously never done this sort of thing before and the reason you can't find much info on doing this is because it results in an undrivable vehicle that is basically a dead end trip toward lawn art. Stop playing to the gallery and thinking in terms of what others see in this and develop your own driving enjoyment of a custom lowered and enhanced handling car. Lowering for the sake of lowering serves no function. Form should always follow function. Make it handle with the right mods and it will be killer looking. 

17 hours ago, B210Grace said:

I don't really care about handling with this particular car, I just want to go as low as I can.

Maybe this car will ultimately just be for show, from one post we have no idea what OP's plans are. No reason to roast a guy on his first post.

From the list of cars in his profile, maybe he does have some experience with lowering (and maybe not, but I think it is a bit harsh to say OP obviously has never done this sort of thing before).

Here is a bagged Mazda truck that rolls around my area, that sits on the rails, and is still drivable. I've seen him at several spots around town and also driving around town.

ee5MQoP.jpg

PS: For B210Grace; it should be said (and has been said many times) that this is a forum for assholes that just happen to own Datsuns (and I am one of them too).

BTW, welcome to the circus.

Now, up your post count and post some pics of this thing.

• Like 1

I feel like mine is pretty slammed.  Crossmember is less then 2" off the ground if I remember right it's 1.25" off the ground.  The rear I pulled the leaf's apart and forced them the wrong way by flipping some and it has blocks.  I recently did a 1.5" C notch which I highly recommend!  I also added in air shocks with a pump so I can still haul stuff.  Since mine is a JDM ultra base model it had drum brake front struts.  I tossed those and used 510 tie rods, LCA's and steering knuckles along with 280zx struts with S13 coil overs welded on them as low as possible.  I still have to sag them a little for my ride height but it's got travel.  It's been my daily along with my other datto's for 12 year?  A long ass time.  If you keep an eye on facebook market place you can get S13 coilovers cheap if you get a set with a rear one blown out which you won't need.  The camber plates fit also.  I run 145/60R13 tires.  

2Qh1bNh.jpeg

MuhViYZ.jpeg

2l8nDAm.jpeg

LQwWpFK.jpeg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, KELMO said:

Maybe this car will ultimately just be for show, from one post we have no idea what OP's plans are. No reason to roast a guy on his first post.

From the list of cars in his profile, maybe he does have some experience with lowering (and maybe not, but I think it is a bit harsh to say OP obviously has never done this sort of thing before).

Here is a bagged Mazda truck that rolls around my area, that sits on the rails, and is still drivable. I've seen him at several spots around town and also driving around town.

ee5MQoP.jpg

PS: For B210Grace; it should be said (and has been said many times) that this is a forum for assholes that just happen to own Datsuns (and I am one of them too).

BTW, welcome to the circus.

Now, up your post count and post some pics of this thing.

Then apologies may be in order. I base my ass-umption on coming here asking how to do this where if you had done this before you would know. As for undrivable perhaps a slight exaggeration. If you can only drive it on flat pavement and have to watch for manhole lids and speed bumps, curbs and up and down entry driveways then to me it's not really drivable. I fear for the 1200 ending up scraped because someone doesn't know any better.

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

You've obviously never done this sort of thing before and the reason you can't find much info on doing this is because it results in an undrivable vehicle that is basically a dead end trip toward lawn art. Stop playing to the gallery and thinking in terms of what others see in this and develop your own driving enjoyment of a custom lowered and enhanced handling car. Lowering for the sake of lowering serves no function.

the car serves no function as it is right now and I'm not doing it for others to see, it's just because I like the style, I have a B210 that I would never do this sort of thing, but both cars serve different purposes. 🙂

32 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Then apologies may be in order. I base my ass-umption on coming here asking how to do this where if you had done this before you would know. As for undrivable perhaps a slight exaggeration. If you can only drive it on flat pavement and have to watch for manhole lids and speed bumps, curbs and up and down entry driveways then to me it's not really drivable. I fear for the 1200 ending up scraped because someone doesn't know any better.

no problem whatsoever, I'm gonna post a picture of the car so you can see, its in really rough shape because the last owner thought it was a "good" idea do make it a drift car and smashed it a "little". 

• Like 1