AIR FILTER???

Labubre

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got this filter from a 280zx and made it fit my R1 set up. Made the top and bottom parts out of aluminum. I think it's longer than your 12.6" and I think closer to 5" wide but I could measure it. What are the chances a zx filter is the same as the L16SSS?

3WXKsrK.jpg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 11/19/2023 at 9:50 PM, MikeRL411 said:

Try motorcycle filters ganged together under the housing. At least they will look [externally] authentic.

Previous reference to RL411 filters is NOT an alternate. They won't fit.

Damn it! did not want to be rude or offend anybody here..."damn it" in french is far from being unpolite. But Ok, french baseline...

• Haha 1
On 11/19/2023 at 12:47 PM, MikeRL411 said:

You should try RL411 filters,  They don't exist any more.

I bought 6 when they were still available and even gave some away to "deserving" individuals who needed them to complete their restorations.

I still have 1 left, it has been a long time!

• 2 weeks later...

Is your car RHD or LHD?  Our LHD cars struggle for well fitting air filters, because of brake master cylinder in the way.  A SSS should be RHD, so you really have nearly unlimited room.  K&N will have dimensions on all of their air filters, whether OEM replacement or aftermarket/custom applications, on their website.  iirc they even break down round, oval, square etc............sounds like you need oval?  The 1980's Subaru's used a rather large oval air filter.  Datzunmike's idea of a Z car or later 280ZX is cool.............look up in K&N to see measurements!

Those "screened" stacks are useless for filtering dirt.  Here in Colorado, it is very dry & dusty, so it is imperative that we run proper air filters............but many do not & end up sucking in dirt, which ultimately gets in the cylinder bores & scratches the bore!  Not good!

Damn it, have a GREAT day!!!!!!!!!!! 😁