7.00 x 16.00 tires on a 720 Anybody

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Taller 720 4x4s with more clearance can handle 29" tires with minor rubbing, can't see them on a 2wd at all. Stock is 26"

10 ply??????? Stock 521/620 trucks use tires that were only 6 ply sidewall rating. Those 10 ply would be Fred Flintstone stiff.

26" to 30" tires is the same as changing your 3.889 differential to a 3.37. It will be pig slow. OR also swap a 4.375 or 4.625 differential in as well to mitigate the poor gearing. (it's closer to 4.47)

Hello! I see you're curious if anyone is using 12 ply (or 10 ply) tires that are priced lower than generic M/T's and have a diameter of 30 inches. While I don't have direct access to images or external websites, I'm here to help you out. If you have any specific questions or need advice regarding these tires, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to assist you!

9 hours ago, henryyy said:

Hello! I see you're curious if anyone is using 12 ply (or 10 ply) tires that are priced lower than generic M/T's and have a diameter of 30 inches. While I don't have direct access to images or external websites, I'm here to help you out. If you have any specific questions or need advice regarding these tires, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to assist you!

Would it be helpful for you if we gave you our social security numbers, date of births, mothers maiden names and a few credit card numbers?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

To revive this tire thread, not military tires, but the best deal I have come across for aggressive tires that will fit a slightly lifted 720 on 16in Toyota wheels. Of course "best deal" and internet raise red flags, but ebay is usually solid. Anyone have experience with this tire? https://www.ebay.com/itm/335153355384

That's about 3" taller that stock tire so this will add to the sluggishness and a speedo error of +6 over at 50 MPH. 29" is about maximum for clearance on a 4x4 and on top of that is the Toyota rim comparable to the 720's. They may stick out too much.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, datzenmike said:

That's about 3" taller that stock tire so this will add to the sluggishness and a speedo error of +6 over at 50 MPH. 29" is about maximum for clearance on a 4x4 and on top of that is the Toyota rim comparable to the 720's. They may stick out too much.

Tire diameter is 29.3, I figured a 4x4 with 1" body pucks would clear without worry. Less than $100 per tire for "off road" tires is the best I have found (not including retreads and used )

• 2 months later...

I tried to buy the tires in the ebay link, waited too long (not as long as I waited to post here) and they were sold out. The Cooper STT pros that were/are my favorites jumped from $150 per tire (lowest price I could find) to $250 per tire. Dammit