1986 Nissan 720 king cab full restoration

builte

Ahhh. Well the automatic has an interlock switch on the passenger side where the floor shift linkage joins the transmission. It allows starts only when in park or neutral. If it was to start in any gear it would just take off on you. Try park. If it won't in park it may need an adjustment or perhaps a wire is off.

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would suggest you invest $40 in the following book on turbo charging and learn all you can about theory and practice. It may save you hundreds and hundreds of dollars and even the engine if it talks you out of doing this. Turbocharging should not be taken lightly. In principal it's simple, in execution it's very complex and extremely expensive if done right.

https://www.amazon.ca/Maximum-Boost-Designing-Installing-Turbocharger/dp/0837601606

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Rolls backwards but won't roll forwards? Something, maybe a brake part (cross fingers it's that and not in the transmission) has come off and is jamming one of the shoes and acting like a sprague clutch. Raise the rear end and try to spin the tires. The one that won't turn forward is the one to take the drum off and look.

• Thanks 1

I doubt it's the transmission I had the E brake engaged and when I desingaged it this morning all the tension in the lever was gone but I will raise both the back tires up tomorrow morning I have someone coming to get me now 

A couple weeks ago after driving in the ice/snow my Frontier would not go into reverse or park. Parked it in the shop overnight and the problem cured itself. I suspect some ice got lodged in the linkage. May be possible part of your e-brake cable is frozen.  Just an idea.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, KELMO said:

A couple weeks ago after driving in the ice/snow my Frontier would not go into reverse or park. Parked it in the shop overnight and the problem cured itself. I suspect some ice got lodged in the linkage. May be possible part of your e-brake cable is frozen.  Just an idea.

It did snow when I came into work yesterday morning and the roads were muddy as hell could be that because it's below freezing this morning 

• 1 month later...