1986 Nissan 720 king cab full restoration

builte

From now on I'll only be posting here as I am posting too much about my truck all over the place 😂 right now my on question is, is there a Weber carb that will fit my truck it's a 1986 Nissan 720 king cab automatic transmission datzenmike has informed me that it is not efi but is ecc 

• Like 1
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take the carburetor off and look at the stud pattern. The Z24 carb is different than the earlier Z22. Instead of rectangular pattern it's trapezoid.

This is the distance between the secondary studs on a Z24 intake compared to the L20B... which is also the same as the Z22.

Jgd9zUA.jpg

Here's a Z24 carburetor on an L20B intake and hoe much was ground away to make it fit.

TcDFeaQ.jpg

• Like 1
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Take the carburetor off and look at the stud pattern. The Z24 carb is different than the earlier Z22. Instead of rectangular pattern it's trapezoid.

This is the distance between the secondary studs on a Z24 intake compared to the L20B... which is also the same as the Z22.

Jgd9zUA.jpg

Here's a Z24 carburetor on an L20B intake and hoe much was ground away to make it fit.

TcDFeaQ.jpg

I'm gonna do that tomorrow afternoon I'll be stripping down the engine to clean it and gauge in the cylinders

8 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

that looks suspiciously like a standard Hitachi bolt pattern

More than just suspicious, that looks exactly like the stock Hitachi. I expect that right below the carb is a black plastic riser with an electrical connection - that is the carb warmer. You can easily get a carb rebuild kit for the Hitachi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, EDM620 said:

More than just suspicious, that looks exactly like the stock Hitachi. I expect that right below the carb is a black plastic riser with an electrical connection - that is the carb warmer. You can easily get a carb rebuild kit for the Hitachi

The truck Is completely stock ATM except the alternator which I am rebuilding it's original 

And yes I can get a rebuild kit I will not be getting rid of the old carb for this reason but I would like to do away with most of the vacuum lines because 🤮 they're gross so that why Im interested in a Weber carb I will be posting pics of the tear down tommarow 

5 hours ago, builte said:

Anybody have a good ball hone they'd recommend for the z24 cylinders?

Go to Summit Racing and search for ball hone. You can get them for about $25.

As for what grit to use... Stolen from the web -

image.png.80cf5d20f27d621b7cff4d8abe5bad95.png

EDIT -  I just realized this quote was referring to honing stones, but I do remember that the product listings show the grit.

Edited by Stoffregen Motorsports
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Well if just a quick hone 'n ring job then get the softer cast iron rings. Chrome rings need a more perfect round non taper bore. Don't forget most of the wear is at the very tops of the bores. 

Do you know if dnr rings are iron?