Cabin Filter

JumboFett

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never ever considered it. What happened 30 years ago? Car makers started filtering the cabin air. Now everyone needs it?

Well if I was to do this I'd take the cover off the cowl and fit a rectangular engine air filter element over the air inlet to the blower, call it good. Probably it will get wet.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Never ever considered it. What happened 30 years ago? Car makers started filtering the cabin air. Now everyone needs it?

Well if I was to do this I'd take the cover off the cowl and fit a rectangular engine air filter element over the air inlet to the blower, call it good. Probably it will get wet.

The dealer probably got sick of cleaning out bugs, leaves, and pine needles from the heater core. 
Im probably gonna end up zip tying some cheese cloth over the hole if I can’t find a better solution. 

8 hours ago, datzenmike said:

TP wasnt a thing till it was.

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

When I was cleaning up the Cherokee I bought last year, I noticed someone had installed a fine stainless mesh screen under the entire cowl vent, not just over the air intakes. It does a good job of keeping the leaves out of the cowl.

Stainless mesh added to cart. Thanks guys 🙏

• Like 1

The British MGB had a small chrome plated windshield cowl fresh air intake vent (no really, google it!)  Moss Motors came up with a screen to mount UNDER the cowl vent, which "hindered" dirt leaves pine needles etc from entering the air intake space.................like Stoffregen suggested with his Jeep.  Build a screen UNDER your cowwl vent panel, should help!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2023 at 1:26 AM, Stoffregen Motorsports said:

When I was cleaning up the Cherokee I bought last year, I noticed someone had installed a fine stainless mesh screen under the entire cowl vent, not just over the air intakes. It does a good job of keeping the leaves out of the cowl.

Guess we could put a mesh screen too in this Cherokee. It's in the shop for the installation of the brake pads and nitto tires. It's been sitting for almost a year and it collected lots of leaves and dirt.

• Like 1