Dumping my load

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52o are rated at 1,000 Kg that 2,200 lb. 

521 had the same springs but limited to 500Kg or 1,100 lbs

620 limited to 500Kg payload.

Air up the tires to maximum on the sidewall. The last thing you want is the tires all bulged out. As they turn that flex generates heat and heat is what causes tires to fail. It will probably ride on the stops but just go easy.

• Like 1

The problem I see is the bump stops vs ride height. Having the truck rest on the bump stops means that the rear axle shafts are bearing extra load when you go over bumps. Obviously this is dangerous to the shafts (break a shaft?) but also means your front end will be floating around which can affect braking and steering.

I've loaded up to the bumpstops in quite a few trucks (including my 320), and when the rear is resting on the axle, they can be frightening to drive.

For everything else when on the bump stops, the bump stop and the tire become the suspension.  Excess weight in the back will tent to lift the front, steering is lighter and floaty and braking distance MUCH increased.

Dumping a Load? talk about click bait.

• Haha 3

Yea, I’m hoping my uncle can take it. He lives in the same town as me. But we do live in a hilly area. I have to go down hill to leave my house and it’s fairly steep. Could just keep it in second and let it roll down using my brakes as back up. Not sure if the weight is gonna send me flying. I can also do multiple small trips. 

Is the dirt back under the tarp where you can only see part of it? it is more than 200 to 300 pounds. Dirt is heavier than it looks. I don't know the weight, I'm not going to guess. It will take at least two loads, if not more.

My dad hauled gravel in his 1973 620, and I think that had a heavier weight limit. But he had only 4 ply tires also. Anyhow, he didn't haul very much at a time. The sidewalls of the tires at 4 ply were too flexible.

Don

Edited by 620slodat