oukippy

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, bananahamuck said:

I am almost positive There’s a gates hose that you cut down to make that ..and it’s mentioned in a sticky on this site .  

I spent quite awhile just now looking for it on here and I came up nothing.. 

is it one of the following topics ?

Failing this get a hose the size of the largest pipe and build up the diameter of the smaller pipe to match the larger hose. Wrap with electrical tape till it's a snug fit and use stainless hose clamps. Sounds cheap but it works. Only has to withstand less than 13 PSI.

On 3/22/2023 at 5:00 AM, oukippy said:

probably this one: 

Gosh that sure looks familiar. Here's what fits: Gates 18217 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1680&jsn=729

Let me know if you're replacing anything else. I was able to find and make work ALL the heater hoses, including molded, on my truck. I'd have to hunt down some labels if I still have them, but I got them all replaced.

Edited by ducky
  • Thanks 1
On 3/24/2023 at 3:05 AM, ducky said:

Gosh that sure looks familiar. Here's what fits: Gates 18217 - https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1680&jsn=729

Let me know if you're replacing anything else. I was able to find and make work ALL the heater hoses, including molded, on my truck. I'd have to hunt down some labels if I still have them, but I got them all replaced.

Thank you very much !

In fact I'm in the process of replacing all the hoses so if you have the part numbers, it will save me lot of time (and probably money) ! Especially for the molded ones and the one going to the brake booster and to the air cleaner.

Thank you again !

Edited by oukippy

The '77 did not have the 'wet' intake with coolant flow through the two runners so the by pass pipe simply ran from the thermostat to the lower radiator hose inlet to the water pump. The bottom bent hose with different diameters was 14056-U6700. The top hose connection to the thermostat is 14055-U6700.... I think this is just ordinary hose you could buy by the foot and cut to length yourself.

The booster hoses are...

Bottom 47474-B8060

Top ..... 47471-B5501

The hose from valve cover to air filter is 11826-U6701. Inside the old one in the air filter end is a flame arrester. Might want to save and put in the new one.

• Thanks 1

The L series did exist well into the '80s, certainly in Australia. Maybe that number is for there? When I plug that number into my 'resource' it comes up blank. Thought it might just be a miss keyed A instead of 1.

The first two digits are the section number. 14 is reserved for manifold parts and the by pass is certainly a manifold of sorts. I don't have any explanation for substituting an A in there. It is what it is.

Nissan has done this for quite some time. Substituting letters for numbers within a supersession chain.

25050-XXXXX speedo cable becomes B5050-XXXXX

62022-1E425 bumper cover becomes F2022-1E425

Before I left my dealership job the late model part #'s seemed to have more letters than #'s.

On 3/25/2023 at 2:23 PM, datzenmike said:

The '77 did not have the 'wet' intake with coolant flow through the two runners so the by pass pipe simply ran from the thermostat to the lower radiator hose inlet to the water pump. The bottom bent hose with different diameters was 14056-U6700. The top hose connection to the thermostat is 14055-U6700.... I think this is just ordinary hose you could buy by the foot and cut to length yourself.

The booster hoses are...

Bottom 47474-B8060

Top ..... 47471-B5501

The hose from valve cover to air filter is 11826-U6701. Inside the old one in the air filter end is a flame arrester. Might want to save and put in the new one.

The French Nissan Dealer don't sell them anymore. I will need to find aftermarket compatible ones.

The problem is the two different diameters. You can get the larger hose and simply dual hose clamp it shut around the smaller pipe or build up the diameter of the smaller pipe with electrical tape, slip it in the larger one and hose clamp it.

The hose emptying out of the intake manifold is the same, two different diameters.

52 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The problem is the two different diameters. You can get the larger hose and simply dual hose clamp it shut around the smaller pipe or build up the diameter of the smaller pipe with electrical tape, slip it in the larger one and hose clamp it.

The hose emptying out of the intake manifold is the same, two different diameters.

Ducky's solution with the gates hose seems to be the best for the 90° hose.

My problem is now related to the brake booster hoses which seems to be molded.