None_zero

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

let it warm up then try it again

to me it looks so close but L motors like more advancde like 12  even dough soem say 7-15degs just depending.

unless you took the dist shaft out and reinstalled it off a tooth where it will be more exact.  Look at mikes fofot on the L motor if you have a screw driver the line would be right side of the top hole and left on the bottom  I call it like 11.25  to me or more 11.30 where almost up and down but not exactly.  but you have thwe photo.

Now if you never fucked with installing the dist /oil pump shaft and was fine before then you did soemthing to the upper part.

I didnt read your whole thread only catching part now.  is there another bolt under the dist plate with maight give more adjust or its a one hole fixed?

When the distributor cap is on correctly is the Intake wire above or below the exhaust wire I'll be honest I thought it only went on one way and so didn't pay attention to how it was 

Edited by None_zero
24 minutes ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

let it warm up then try it again

to me it looks so close but L motors like more advancde like 12  even dough soem say 7-15degs just depending.

unless you took the dist shaft out and reinstalled it off a tooth where it will be more exact.  Look at mikes fofot on the L motor if you have a screw driver the line would be right side of the top hole and left on the bottom  I call it like 11.25  to me or more 11.30 where almost up and down but not exactly.  but you have thwe photo.

Now if you never fucked with installing the dist /oil pump shaft and was fine before then you did soemthing to the upper part.

I didnt read your whole thread only catching part now.  is there another bolt under the dist plate with maight give more adjust or its a one hole are you talking about the spindle into the oil pump?

20 minutes ago, None_zero said:

When the distributor cap is on correctly is the Intake wire above or below the exhaust wire I'll be honest I thought it only went on one way and so didn't pay attention to how it was 

@datzenmikeyou said it wouldn't start if I reversed the distributor cap but it not only starts it idles both ways what does that mean 

Well yes it turns out I did have the cap reversed which I know because I just realized I'd made a handy diagram of it under the hood last year rotate picture counter clockwise 90° for correct orientation EhPXsBk.jpg

Edited by None_zero

Ok so I had the idea to take the screw put of the fixing plate and see if I can rotate it far enough to get in the right spot just to see if it would work if I'd hit the right tooth. I think that has to be the problem. I missed byba tooth the other way and its too far to hit the needed range. Anyways but when I'm unscrewing the screw from the fixing plate it's throwing little orange sparks??? Why would it do that ? Strangest looking sparks I've ever seen 

Edited by None_zero
1 hour ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

you got a manual?

Mike will know

Oh you mean a manual like a book lol yeah I got the fsm but it doesn't have that much information about this, it just says mark everything install as was but that was the problem originally I pulled the oil pump without realizing you need to mark things and that it had to go back in a very specific way 

21 minutes ago, None_zero said:

Ok so I had the idea to take the screw put of the fixing plate and see if I can rotate it far enough to get in the right spot just to see if it would work if I'd hit the right tooth. I think that has to be the problem. I missed byba tooth the other way and its too far to hit the needed range. Anyways but when I'm unscrewing the screw from the fixing plate it's throwing little orange sparks??? Why would it do that ? Strangest looking sparks I've ever seen 

Just trying to get this to the bottom Mike tends to over look all but the last one lol

EA8cSKh.jpg

#1 Intake should be about 9:00 rotor pointing directly forward ti the radiator. #1 Exhaust about 4:30. Stand beside front fender.

The sparks are because the ignition is on. Coil grounds through the distributor body.

4snYbJL.jpg

Turn picture so that blue arrow points away from you. Red arrow intake one, blue arrow exhaust 4, yellow arrow intake 2. That means it was backwards before and it's correct now but with distributor maxed out counter clockwise it's 15 degrees advanced is it going to have screwed anything up to have it idling with the cap installed backwards? Or am I just a tooth too far forward now 

Edited by None_zero

Welp, I redid the spindle and hit the right tooth finally but it's still running terribly it says it's at 5° but I can't be sure of the rpms to set it and when I tried to test drive it it felt like a caterpillar in the engine it feels like everything is out of wack.. I don't know what to do with it. Maybe i should be more specific about the caterpillar... it feels like a wave of vibration rolling though it as it runs in like vruuuuh vruuuh vruuuuuuh don't know how else to describe it.

Edited by None_zero