u13 bluebird

ok so it's just an altima, but in japan it would have been a bluebird! so 5-6 years ago i started fixing up my altima. it's a 5-speed, so its the envy of most altima owners. i did little ricer mods like cold air intake/headers etc. then i swapped in a full katskin black leather interior kit. never enjoyed doing a mod so much, took me a month to fully complete it but it was worth it, well sort of. so i am about to start getting the body together when we take a family trip to St. George island in florida. raining like a bitch one day we are out driving around. i see a puddle but it doesn't look to big, wrong! there must have been a slope to the road i couldn't see because it was a few feet deep, anyway stucked water right up my stupid cold air intake and the car never runs again. so i sold the goofy stuff keeping the car with my interior intacked and let it sit. i bought a new motor, but got busted by the county for code violations right before i was about to start the swap. they told me i have no reason to use a hoist on my property. well since i had borrowed the hoist i gave it back to my friend. so i am about to start on the motor again, since the county hasn't busted my new violations for about a year now. right now i was doing a little body work. adding skirts off a stock SE model altima and a front lip off a 95 accord, which isn't fitting right{of course} but is very close. long story for a simple question, i need a tent or something to keep it out the elements, i want to do the swap and much more body work right where it sits. any cheap tent suggestions? cheap ones tend to mount in the dirt and real carport one are like 300 bucks. seems simple but i have been looking for a while now. i thought about doing a picnic style one with the legs cemented in buckets, but i have to keep it looking nice {code violator!!} so any ideas for a dirt cheap carport /tent will be greatly appreciated. i know some of you guys are like me with no garage. pics!

datsunmisc007.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well it's not really a joke if you love the u13. the awd sr cars are cheap even if you include shipping from japan. of course, no way you'd ever register it legal in cali, but in other states ...:.

Alabama will register anything. Years ago someone in Europe got a hold of leftover Porsche 917 race car chasis, engine and body parts and assembled them. No country in Europe would license it for road use so he registered it in Alabama. A car mag had a picture of it roaring down an autobahn with his "Heart of Dixie" plates.