Revolution sensor aka Vehicle (Transmission) Speed Sensor

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

31935-41X63 automatic 4x4 VG30 engine D21 Hardbody and WD22 Pathfinder after '89

This was the newly introduced 4 speed automatic transmission after the 4L71B I'm not at all familiar with.  It also does not appear to be the mechanical or the electronic speed sensor for the speedometer, so it's something else. This transmission's shift points were monitored and controlled by the engine's EFI box so something for that. 

If new ones are unavailable try a used one from a wrecking yard, there are plenty out there. Strictly speaking 41X63 was only on the 4x4 automatic Pathfinders Two and four wheel drive, VG30 (V6) automatic Hardbodys and Pathfinders after '89.  

The distinction number 63 indicates a minor change in the part from those previously used (41X23 and 41X24) (such as color for example) so the 2wd automatic sensors should work also.

2 hours ago, Wrench girl said:

Hoping the yards around me won't force me to buy the whole transmission instead of allowing me to pull just the sensor, some do I've heard. 

Never come across that in any pull your own parts yard, youl be fine at any pick n pull or similar.

• Thanks 1

Ok the computer will say "bad sensor" but not poor connections or damaged wiring. If there is a plug that goes to the sensor clean it and check for any damage to wire insulation. This is a location under the vehicle exposed to weather, salt (depending on where you live) and road debris. I am cheap and clean my connections especially grounds first before replacing components and many times the problem goes away. I have a rear wheel speed sensor on an old Toyota that had a cut wire showing the code. A quick solder job and 2 years later rolling code free.