0R4NGE

shlammed

Beautiful find, reminds me of the 70 Sedan I got from a little old lady who kept it in a barn for years. Your build as many here are giving me some gumption to get my 2door on a rotisserie going. I just have too many things I need to catch up on since I just retired. I'll get there little by little. You have a fine 510 there.

Compress_20240818_084757_7540.jpg

Compress_20240818_084756_6045.jpg

Compress_20240818_084754_4649.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Placed the engine in the bay for the first time in any official capacity.  Looks like it will be a tight fit with the power steering rack fitting but otherwise looks very at home in this space.

Made a simple bracket inspired by the "swampthing" kswap thread.  Lets me slide the engine forward and backwards while adjusting the height and rotation.  Super handy.

w4hnf13.jpeg
z8DqZhu.jpeg
BUCTJpf.jpeg

Once the engine is placed and if anything needs clearancing I will epoxy prime the engine bay.  Its nice to work on a clean surface but I wont bother fully painting until its running.

• Like 1

Another picture.  It tucks up nice and tight to the firewall.  Just will need to make a doghouse for the clutch release arm to fit and swap the cam sensors to the alternate type from the intake side of a TSX/RSX to point up instead of straight back.
YCg2OGo.jpeg

Lots of space for a radiator and will be able to sneak a full 3" intake pipe in there without any throttle body modifications.  Will probably use a short radius aluminum donut just to provide a little extra clearance since I will use a dual pass radiator to get the hoses both on the same (driver) side.

• Like 2

No photo updates but I have managed to figure out front brake system. 

Ordered Infinity G20 rotors 280mmx22mm
also ordered a wilwood powerlite caliper that is rated for that width. 

Hope to get the brackets made now that I have made a choice.   I’m going to make a sketch in cad to get my setup proper before I machine it to save time and money. 

Working through brake upgrades.

The rotor I chose is from a 2000 infinity G20.  11"x 0.86" on the front.  Pairing with Wilwood Powerlite caliper.  The spindle upgrade Im using is for S13 spec stuff which is 10"x0.86" which would also have been an upgrade. 

Stock 510 rotor vs G20.
zjOrl7I.jpeg

I was up at the cottage to do some fall stuff like pulling the boat out of the water before the trees drop and make a mess out of it.  I was able to position the drivetrain a little bit while I was up there... mark for some things I will weld at home and feel good about the direction.

Trans is nice and high up in the tunnel without any reworking (yet).  The only relief  I will need to do is for the clutch release arm and that should go relatively easy.
ISzxw28.jpeg