Both Front Tires Inside Wear

atkinson40

On 12/10/2022 at 1:28 PM, datzenmike said:

I made sure the spindle or axle was at the same height from the ground with tire off as with tire on. Weather supported on a block of wood or on a tire, the camber displayed would be the same don't you think?

don't think spindle to ground matters as much as where the weight rests along LCA's arch of travel. Less distance from the inner pivot point exerts less leverage on the springs which effects the static hight, or spindal to the fender. I believe the center of the tire is the neutral position, but first order of importance is a level surface. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you can't use the rotor if the tire is on. If spindle height is 12" from the ground with the tire on and it's 12" with the tire off, the strut and the body are exactly in the same position. 

4 hours ago, atkinson40 said:

My rim's diameter measure 15.75 inches, but the tires are 14's.  

I'm confused?

The tire sits down inside the lip on the rim.

That's makes the angle better.

0.5" on a 15.75 is 1.8183 degrees... The '73 620 camber angle is 1 degree 15' or 1.25 degrees so you are now only 0.56 of a degree too negative from perfect. The '73 allows + or - 1 degree so screw it it's bang on..