KA24E GSXR Intake Manifold

PUNKMETHOD

1TUW8Sq.jpg

mk3rPBw.jpg

Hey guys,

Testing water with this. I'm having a "intake manifold" made to adapt the KA24E to accept GSXR ITB's. If there's any additional interest beyond my single order, prices are dropping, so here's some info:

Manifold will be made from aluminium, base plate is waterjet-cut to 20mm thickness in case any resurfacing is necessary for flatness.
Piping will be 2,5mm wall thickness, pressed and cut to spec for both the intake and water pipe.
Everything you see will be tig-welded.

This solution is planned to use injectors in the GSXR throttle bodies.

Pricing levels are as follows:
680€/pc total order of 1 (achieved)
600€/pc total order of 2
550€/pc from 3 ordered pieces

This is for TOTAL pieces ordered, not per person.

Who would be interest / actually willing to buy?

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No interest? Really guys?

Having been in automotive aftermarket manufacturing, the secret sauce is in the remaining parts to that equation. If there were a comprehensive kit that included linkage, air cleaners, mounting hardware and possibly even the carbs themselves, that may make the difference between zero interest and something marketable.

On 11/6/2022 at 11:41 AM, datzenmike said:

Why not simply print the intake?

Could be done on an industrial SLS or MJF (thats what I make all my parts on)

But your hobby desktop FDM printers... could potentially print in a suitable material, but it would have to be printed in pieces. 

You would want to add some more structure to the design if it was printed as well, esp if it was FDM

I made my own L20B intake for R-1 carburetors. When all was said and done maybe $350-400 (R&R) to find ways it couldn't be done. The actual cost when all was said and done was maybe $10 for some 1/2 steel and a couple of feet of 1 1/2" muffler pipe. Steel so I could weld it. If I had a TIG it definitely would have been aluminum.

5qsSAeW.jpg

6 hours ago, Skib said:

Could be done on an industrial SLS or MJF (thats what I make all my parts on)

But your hobby desktop FDM printers... could potentially print in a suitable material, but it would have to be printed in pieces. 

You would want to add some more structure to the design if it was printed as well, esp if it was FDM

Be a good one to print in a burnout filament, glue together and then use to cast in aluminum... way beyond my current skillset though.

2 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Be a good one to print in a burnout filament, glue together and then use to cast in aluminum... way beyond my current skillset though.

Iv got the material and forge and stuff for that, but havent got to it yet.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Dguy210 said:

Forge is next on my list of items to pickup. Too many projects.

Same lol I picked it up and haven't got to it since.... I'm not going to admit how long that's been 😂

It will still be new in the box when I do get to it at least lol