longer 521 lug studs, where??

kelowg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The thread pitch for a 620 is 12mm x 1.25. I think that some of the 520/521 trucks had 7/16" wheels studs. The 12 x 1.25 studs are kinda oddballs, Nissan and subaru are the only two common users of them. If you were to convert to 12mm x 1.50 thread, then you have lots of choices. Gm, toyota, mazda, ford, chrysler. Something to consider..

I went with the Moroso 7/16"-20x2-7/8 on the front of my 521. Go with the .480 dia knurl. Part # 46150. I had to grind down the raised ridges on the knurl part flush to get them to seat all the way down. You can cut them down to whatever length suits you best. I went with these to hold my Titan 18's better since I used a spacer. I also have the ARP part # but you'll have to wait till tomorrow , I need to find the package. I'll try and add some pics also.

Yeah, for most Nissan/Datsun applications, there are only two or three lengths of studs, at least Dormann-wise.

I did find, and buy, some longer studs when I was planning Maxima wheels from Ichiba.

http://www.ichibausa.com/

The downside is they're expensive, but they are available in quite a few lengths.