New 32/36 DGEV jetting

matrophy

Mine wiggles also.  Take the choke assembly off and see if the screw needs tightened.  My new Weber is the one I purchased from Carbs Unlimited.

I am not sure if Redline does the choke swaps on these carbs or the dealer does.  Redline told me on the phone that all redline imports to USA is DGAV carbs and then these water choke carbs are switched to electric chokes. These choke swapped carbs are then sold as DGEV in the USA.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Charlie69 said:

Mine wiggles also.  Take the choke assembly off and see if the screw needs tightened.  My new Weber is the one I purchased from Carbs Unlimited.

I am not sure if Redline does the choke swaps on these carbs or the dealer does.  Redline told me on the phone that all redline imports to USA is DGAV carbs and then these water choke carbs are switched to electric chokes. These choke swapped carbs are then sold as DGEV in the USA.

Thanks for checking Charlie. So they probably were messing with it. I'll check it out. Apparently now the adaptor is leaking (to top it off) so off she comes again. Do you think if it were loose enough it would prevent the throttle from closing all the way? Man this thing is working me over...

• Like 1

I do not think the looseness will have any affect on the throttle closing all the way.  Loosen the 3 screws for the choke adjustment and move the plastic through its travel both ways all the time watching the throttle valves for movement.

When you pull the choke assembly off check to make sure there are no missing parts.  Since my carb also came from Carbs Unlimited I am going to dismantle my carb to make sure there are not any missing or knock off parts on this carb.

I have never had to do this with a Pierce Manifolds carb.

Edited by Charlie69
On 6/7/2021 at 8:06 PM, Charlie69 said:

I see that my carb is stamped DGAV so what you said appears to be true. They convert it to a DGEV once they get them. It turned out that the screw holding the choke linkage together was bottomed out so there's no tightening it. I guess mine is just loose. I did some fooling around with my return spring and went with a way shorter spring that pulls up and down rather than horizontally and it now pulls the linkage closed all the way. I ran out of time to run it and adjust the mixture, etc but that is a huge step forward.

• Like 1