71DIMER

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just finished reading the entire post. Simply awesome!. Any updates as to how your new engine is working etc?

Hey thanks Biggspeed, it's running MUCH smoother than it was before on the older engine. Plus it's really nice being able to button it up before installing it, so now it's leak free and freshened up so I (crossing fingers) should have worry free miles ahead. Now all I need to do is get two new tires for the rear (super old and cracked all the way around the sidewalls) so it's not being driven very far, maybe a mile or two running errands but no way would I take it on the highway with these old tires. I need to hurry and order them so I can drive it more.

• 4 months later...

Dang it's been a while since I've posted anything on this. Well someone 'borrowed' my old roof bick rack to make thier 510 look cool so I had to get another one. Slapped it on plus some decals on it. :)

DSCN7678.jpg

DSCN7679.jpg

DSCN7677.jpg

Wow looks really good, was cool to see where it started and ended.

What did you end up using those struts for? The picture after them isn't work, was it hood struts?

Thanks and yeah they were hood struts, I think I accidentally deleted that pic from my photobucket account! I need to find it and repost it. :)

As rare as the 73 JDM grille is, I'm not a huge fan. I love the black headlight buckets, but the square mesh centerpiece is not for me. Now if it had the normal bars, but in black with the buckets... Epic grille right there. Either way, the car looks great. As stated earlier it's nice to see the before and after to get a good feel of all the work that was put into it.

As rare as the 73 JDM grille is, I'm not a huge fan. I love the black headlight buckets, but the square mesh centerpiece is not for me.

The love the fact that it's not on every 510 you see. I'm grateful it doesn't resemble the stock US grilles in any way, that's what sets it apart! Plus I have had a ton of unsolicited offers to buy it from me, and while they're entertaining I don't see myself selling it anytime soon, so while it you may not everyones cup of tea, it hasn't stopped the offers from coming up.

You'll quickly find that guys want to get rare parts that not every dime has on it and of course unless you stumble across it by luck and get it cheap, most rare parts are EXPENSIVE. Lucky for me I got my bluebird grille for a song compared to what they're selling for now. :)

Yes please do, been wanting to do it to my baby and need some ideas on how it was done.

I'll see if I can find it, unfortunately that pic was about 2 laptops ago so I have to find the right hard drive then search for it in all the pics. It's really easy though, just find any pic of them installed and that's all the installation instructions you need! :)

I know Im in the minority... And your car looks phenomenal. Its just not for me, but Im not knocking it in any way. I do like the fact that its rare as hell to see and thats why I like about it. Mad props for having one and I would never get rid of it if I had something similar. Way jealous of your ride.

I know Im in the minority... And your car looks phenomenal. Its just not for me, but Im not knocking it in any way. I do like the fact that its rare as hell to see and thats why I like about it. Mad props for having one and I would never get rid of it if I had something similar. Way jealous of your ride.

I know man no worries. I'm not a fan of certain Datsun parts but hey that's why there's different things out there right? :)

Glad to see you making some good and fast progress on your ride by the way!

I'll see if I can find it, unfortunately that pic was about 2 laptops ago so I have to find the right hard drive then search for it in all the pics. It's really easy though, just find any pic of them installed and that's all the installation instructions you need! :)

Just realized the DQ v12i1 has guide, so no worries.

• 2 weeks later...

Just realized the DQ v12i1 has guide, so no worries.

No problem, it is easy, just don't rush it or you'll end up with one of you hinges looking more like swiss cheese with more holes on it than necessary! Trust me I know! :P

• 11 months later...

I know man no worries. I'm not a fan of certain Datsun parts but hey that's why there's different things out there right? smile.gif

Glad to see you making some good and fast progress on your ride by the way!

Almost 1 year with no updates ? How is my favorite 510 doing these days ?

Haha how minds change... Since I made the above post I have in fact owned the 73 grille and in fact gotten rid of it. Crazy! 

Almost 1 year with no updates ? How is my favorite 510 doing these days ?

Haven't done much to it, it's just been hanging out with its Panasport brothers (my CRX & Miata both also sporting my favorite wheels!)  :)

dime_zps5d9d3afe.jpg