Ratsun to Datsun Makeover San Diego Edition

71DIMER

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't even look like the old car Great Job guys you get :thumbsup: way up! What color is that?

Voodoo blue from Toyota FJ Cruiser. Thanks for the thumbs up...all the hard work paid off...guys Mark does great work, regardless of what was brought up earlier in my thread. :)

SD surf [mike[- thanks for stoppin by today & TY for the frame:cool:

Tier- no drips...shhhhh

Sdterrible- thanks..it was an easy color to shoot

John- lets talk at the meet this week. Id be happy to do a color change on yours..how bout green...? :lol:

dat620 [tom] TY brotha..im only a semi pro :D

Ok got alot of the parts back on the car today. Even stripped the black paint off the hood trim & fender "eyebrows" as well as the side marker trim pieces...

before..

DSC01667.jpg

after...

DSC01669.jpg

painted the pinch mouldings & steel wool'd the sill plate...

DSC01668.jpg

lights , lenses trim & hood pins back on...

DSC01670.jpg

& oh yeah mario im gonna "borrow" the air dam ok...;)

DSC01671.jpg

Damn Mark...what are you going to leave for us to do tomorrow when I get there then? You've done most of it already by putting on the trim!!! Wow, again you surprise me by doing those little details. The steel wool did wonders on that door trim too...wow.

I can't wait to put as much of it all together. I've been thinking of taking my grille with me tomorrow but not sure if airport security will let me board the plane with it in my carryon. I'd be pissed if they took it away from me so I might play it safer rather than sorry and leave it here. I'm going to try to find the light bezel trim and the C pillar vents...I know they're hanging out together I just can't remember where right now.

HOORAY ! ! ! !

Who??? Ray!!!!

Hey 72240Z?????? Where's the criticism now???? What??? You had to eat Your words??? Or are You just lurking on here and not big enough to admit that Mark KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING?!?!?!!!!!

Mark, You are one of the coolest people I've had the pleasure to meet! Thank You FROM ME for helping Mario out!! You are a blessing to those of Us that know You!!!

hooray ! ! ! !

who??? Ray!!!!

hey 72240z?????? Where's the criticism now???? What??? You had to eat your words??? Or are you just lurking on here and not big enough to admit that mark knows what he is doing?!?!?!!!!!

mark, you are one of the coolest people i've had the pleasure to meet! Thank you from me for helping mario out!! You are a blessing to those of us that know you!!!

yea what he said :):):):)

Now now steroid...let's not provoke anyone. 72240Z didn't mean to come off the way he did, and I think he'd be the first to take it back if he saw it in person.

Now on to the good stuff, yes Mark is definatly a great friend, not because of doing all of this, but for just being a really nice genuine guy. I think everyone that I've introduced him to can agree with that and I know I don't have to tell you that!

HOORAY ! ! ! !

Who??? Ray!!!!

Hey 72240Z?????? Where's the criticism now???? What??? You had to eat Your words??? Or are You just lurking on here and not big enough to admit that Mark KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING?!?!?!!!!!

Mark, You are one of the coolest people I've had the pleasure to meet! Thank You FROM ME for helping Mario out!! You are a blessing to those of Us that know You!!!

Wow, what an intelligent post.

My criticism is a few posts up and I didn't have to eat anything. My ADVICE was for a single area of the car, which I see no pics of(if he fixed it well then GREAT for him). Fact is there was a pic of a patch that looked like it was cut with a spoon and then a pic of a ass load of bondo with pits and incorrect lines. I gave my advice (although misphrased at first) based on that and I stand by it 100%.

Beyond that I explained like 3? times that that one area I was referring to DESPITE THE REST OF THE CAR LOOKING GOOD. Jack ass, stop trying to play internet tuff guy provoking a fight on the internet over OTHER peoples hard work. Me and the actual owner(and his friend) resolved this days ago. Grow up a little bit and move on.

Looks good btw, if nothing else it was done very quickly too, congrats. It's really a great feeling to do it yourself. I had come here to post that originally and was side tracked by a 4yo's post, sorry.

Are the surrounds on the side markers aluminum or steal? Just curious.

Hey 72, I think they're steel, not sure but I do know they're original. Thanks for the compliments but I don't know if it was fast...both of us working on it 2-3 days then Mark working on it himself for another 3 days of more bodywork, then a full day of paint. A lot of work went into it. :)

Hey 72, I think they're steel, not sure but I do know they're original. Thanks for the compliments but I don't know if it was fast...both of us working on it 2-3 days then Mark working on it himself for another 3 days of more bodywork, then a full day of paint. A lot of work went into it. :)

Ah I see, like the z then. Going to clear them?

Well I don't mean over all but as to the amount of work in the time frame.

Ah I see, like the z then. Going to clear them?

Well I don't mean over all but as to the amount of work in the time frame.

Not sure, I haven't seen or worked on the car since last Wednesday. Mark's been doing all the rest of it...lucky!

Nice work! I wish I could get a little body work done. :D I'm thinkin white with my truck what do yah think?

Should look nice...since white hides a lot of little flaws it could be real nice.

With my titans powder coated black? :D and some black window tint......

That would look pretty good I think. You might want to start your own thread to get more peoples ideas though if that's what you want. :D

Thanks.

I don't wanna go through all that.

How much did it cost for all the paint and supplies?

Haha, I was just trying to be nice about the non-subject posts :P

Anyway to answer your question the supplies can run anywhere between around $100 for single stage stuff to about $450 for middle of the road quality stuff to well over $1000+ for top of the line PPG. That's the quotes/estimates we got from the paint supply store, so there's something available for every budget.

Sorry for the off subject post. I just didn't want to start a thread for a small question and figured that the subject is on paint and thought why not?. my uncle owns a body shop and said that white hides blemishes also so thats another +.

Thanks for the answer anyways though.