69 510 Project

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont smash it!!!!!!

I told Frank it will be Broke or smashed in year. Wheither your fault or not.

After my incident I drive the speed limit pretty much now and give lots of room and make sure I see the driver in the rear veiw mirrow eyes in front instead of a Blackberry!!!!!!!!!!

ill go to jail if some one hits my car haha

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
dang so thats the car, I'm the guy that bought your wheels btw I forgot to introduce myself my name is Aron. I love you car, but I'm just wondering how long did it take you to get it up an running?

it took 6 hours haha. my buddy frank pulled the old l16 out, pulled his l20 out and put it in my car all in 6 hours. hes crazy. but i did alottttt of work on that damn l16 but i was spending to much time on something i knew i was gonna pull out eventually so thats why i bought the l20. ive been working on the car for about 7 months tho. good luck on the 1200!!

• 3 weeks later...

some updates: put on a good door (not creased) did some interior stff like got a back seat haha. and really just driving it. my buddy pulled his ka out of his 240sx last night for me. 110k miles on it which is pretty decent. now im in the process of getting it so i can put it in=] oh and i still have mis matched wheels=/ looking for a pair of stocks right now

pics!!

IMAGE_086.jpg

IMAGE_087.jpg

IMAGE_088.jpg

IMAGE_093.jpg

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_102.jpg

IMAGE_101.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
I like it even more now.

Run the hubcaps, beatup ones!!!!!!!!

hainz! ive been looking for stocks forever. seems like no one has them around here. i had some on my car and got hub caps from frank but my back tires blew. i like the wheels i have now but nothing compares to the original steelies with '69 hub caps.

• 2 months later...

some pics first.

PIC-0031.jpg

PIC-0030.jpg

PIC-0033.jpg

PIC-0035.jpg

so ive decided to go for the infamous ka24de swap, but a little different then what most people do

instead of running the ka trany, ive decided to run a napz tranny so i can run the l motor starter, be able to drop the tranny with out having to pull the engine, and to keep my old school shifter=] you can also run the ka fly wheel and clutch along with the 200sx clutch and flywheel.

instead of cutting the cross member, frank and wolfman (icehouse) built me a rear sump oil pan, therefor i can keep my sway bar and if i ever decided to get a clean shell i can just drop the motor in. plus it looks gangster!

so... for some more pics of my project. we got most of the engine put together last night.

PIC-0041.jpg

PIC-0042.jpg

PIC-0044.jpg

PIC-0046.jpg

PIC-0048.jpg

PIC-0049.jpg

PIC-0050.jpg

PIC-0052.jpg

PIC-0060.jpg

PIC-0057.jpg

PIC-0064.jpg

PIC-0065.jpg

PIC-0071.jpg

PIC-0073.jpg

PIC-0072.jpg

PIC-0066.jpg

PIC-0068.jpg

for some reason they decided to build the oil pan to hold 8+ qrts of oil.. thats two oil changes at my job!!

cool oil pan!

Can you afford the extra oil needed to fill it?

i work at jiffy lube:fu:

its 7 qts to fill

and theres a few things about the tranny that we found out. cant use lmotor starter, doesnt fit

and we have to use the ka flywheel but napz clutch and throw at bering and presure plate fits. wiring is done now we just have little stuff to do. will be driving soon:D

frank and wolfman dont wanna build another pan. "it took to long to make"

took them two days haha

always with the insurance jokes...:mellow:

frank and wolfman dont wanna build another pan. "it took to long to make"

took them two days haha

Come on Jeff, I doesn't take that long...I think I did mine in a solid day, but it only holds 6 quarts. At least you aren't going to bang the sump on anything hopefully.