Instrument needle & lettering paint

Looking for recommendations for instrument needle & lettering paint. I'd like to refresh some 411 Deluxe & 521 clusters. The instrument needles are faded, and the embossed lettering is chipped/faded/grungy. Also, has anyone found a good product that will clean out the old paint but not damage the plastic?

I picked up a Molotow Liquid Chrome  pen for the borders, but now realize I need orange for the needles and white for the embossed words.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, DanielC said:

I use this stuff.

FlOrangePaint1.JPG

Get it at a hobby store.

I used Q-tips to apply it.

FlOrangePaint2.JPG

after removing the gauges from the back of the instrument cluster, I used a piece of paper to mask off the rest of the gauge.

FlOrangePaint3.JPG

That color looks good.  Do you know if the part number 1875C is the same as the smaller 1175TT?  I can't make sense of their model numbers and their site is no help.

10 minutes ago, zed1 said:

I used:

Testors Enamel Paint .25oz, Orange Fluorescent

https://www.amazon.com/Testors-Enamel-Paint-25oz-Orange-Fluorescent/dp/B007KMUM9U

Keith

I picked up some of that and some other colors.  My local selection is abysmal.  I'll have to order some online to get the other colors I was hoping to try for the rest of the parts.

• 11 months later...