Trail Hustler

Pete Peterson

Anyone out there have a trail Hustler? I’m trying to find out details on the backseat (mine’s missing) I want to make on and have it upholstered to match. I know they didn’t reinvent the wheel and probably modified a existing bench seat. I’m trying to figure out what it might have been. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Just found this forum and though I would chime in because I think I can help. I just sold my 84 Trail Hustler last year. Had it for many years. I also have detailed photos of the original back seat. It's weird shaped thing because the floorboard in the back is flat so your legs had a big knee support for comfort. it folded forward like a Jeep back seat for more  cargo room. The seat was missing from mine when I got it. I traced down the previous owner and he said the seat was gone when he got it to. A guy in I think VA was in contact with me a few years ago and he had the seat and sent me the seat photos. I have lots of pictures of the Trail Hustler and extensive knowledge since I restored mine and I had a 1986 720 King-Cab before that for many years. Can't figure out how to attach pics here so hit me up on email. tbashin@hotmail.com

• Like 2
1 hour ago, tbashin said:

Just found this forum and though I would chime in because I think I can help. I just sold my 84 Trail Hustler last year. Had it for many years. I also have detailed photos of the original back seat. It's weird shaped thing because the floorboard in the back is flat so your legs had a big knee support for comfort. it folded forward like a Jeep back seat for more  cargo room. The seat was missing from mine when I got it. I traced down the previous owner and he said the seat was gone when he got it to. A guy in I think VA was in contact with me a few years ago and he had the seat and sent me the seat photos. I have lots of pictures of the Trail Hustler and extensive knowledge since I restored mine and I had a 1986 720 King-Cab before that for many years. Can't figure out how to attach pics here so hit me up on email. tbashin@hotmail.com

You just needed to be approved as a member. You should be able to post pics now

• Like 1

Trail master? Also never heard of it. I imagine someone was copying the Bushmaster and it was a poor stopgap to compete with Toyota's innovative 4Runner that came out in '84. Actually, it does just look like a truck with the back cut out and a cap to cover it. As the cab and the box are separately mounted there's going to be flex between them. I can see why it wasn't popular. You would need a heater in the back for passengers and seat belts.... things the Pathfinder provided two years late to the show.  Nissan really dropped the ball on this.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...