Celebrity 320 Owner on YouTube

garryk6

So I was sick for a few days and was searching for inspiring videos for Datsun 320’s. I hope to pick up my NL320 soon and begin getting it on the road! But as I was looking I ran across a new 320 owner Just at the start of the Covid pandemic by the name of Sung Kang also known from the Fast and Furious World as Han!

here is his first episode. I thought this might create some excitement in a time where everyone is social distancing and pretty despondent.

Garry in Central Washington 

1963 Datsun NL320 stock

1964 Datsun NL320 “Monster Datsun”

1948 Chevy Thriftmaster - Stock 5-window 

1974 Ford F-350 Super-Camper-Special

1932 Ford Model-B 4-cyl to be restored 

• Like 3
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i did get to talk with mike spagnola  jr.  from purpose built motors and he told me that they rebuilt the 60 hp motor and plan on doing a turbo  in the future on the 320 but they are going to drive it cross country first

Edited by gene knight

Over the past five decades I have subscribed to a number of automobile magazines primarily 'Road & Track'. Absorbed as much history and information on automobiles and some cycles from hardback/paperback books and ramped it up on internet car geek stuff over past twenty five years. More than a couple of times I've heard some the lower priced British machinery from the 1950's referred to as 'Tractor Engineering'. It wasn't really intended to be derogatory, rather an inference that uncomplicated, robust, reliable, and easy to work on was a desirable aspect of the designs. Much like the Model-T Ford in it's day. 

I'm not a degreed engineer but I wouldn't get too crazy with that 'Three Main Bearing' crankshaft. I'm aware that many of these engines were retrofitted with Judson, Rootes, and other superchargers back in the day. It'll be interesting, to say the least.

Edited by difrangia
  • Like 1

It's kind of strange he seems like a guy who has access to unlimited resource builds but skipped the backyard builder stage. COVID has forced him to take a step back and experience what it's like to be a high school kid working on a car. He seems cool though. Thoughtful and introspective.